Audio dropouts with Dolby / DTS (1 Viewer)

ninja 12

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Thanks for the feedback , pleased you got it sorted.
    The 5700XT is an awesome GPU but has had some teething problems according to the admittedly volatile amd support forum. Nothing I found though that matches your problem so I think you are right to go the RMA route.
    BTW the 5700XT is quite power hungry and amd recommend a 600W PSU, hope your setup has enough power.;)

It seems to be a strange issue .

Nearly all complaints I can find are about gaming performance / black screens , but my card has been perfect with gaming .
    It's only the audio (DTS/Dolby) that's giving me problems .

Power should be fine :)
    I'm using a Corsair SF 600 Platinum , paired with a Ryzen 5 2600X , 16GB Crucial Ram and a B450 Aorus M.

I've been enjoying crystal clear sound with no dropouts for the last week since I boxed up and posted the 5700XT :) ( using a HD 7790 for the moment )

:)

ninja 12

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Just a little update ,

I received a new replacement for my Sapphire RX5700 XT Pulse about 2 weeks ago .

I installed it back into my HTPC , updated the drivers , and have been testing it / watching movies/ TV Series/ playing games .

So far it's been perfect .:D

Crystal clear sound with no audio dropouts with Dolby/HD/DD+ , the same with DTS/HD :D

So far I've had no issues with gaming as well :D

Using driver version 20.4.1

Fingers crossed it stays working perfectly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom