Audio in left channel only (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, I installed LAV filters, and switched settings in Players to LAV settings. No change: Audio in left channel only in MP2 x64; normal audio in MP2 32-bit. Only difference is that video is more stable in PiP mode (in 32-bit), but still no way to access audio of second channel in PiP mode. So PiP useless, as is MP2 64-bit.
    From memory the x64 bit version only uses LAV whereas the x86 can use both LAV and the MPurlSourceSplitter so that may explain why you see the difference. I am currently on vacation but when I return next week I will post some suggestions for setting changes to the LAV spitter which fixed audio problems for me in the hope it may help

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am currently on vacation but when I return next week I will post some suggestions for setting changes to the LAV spitter which fixed audio problems for me in the hope it may help.
    Ok, great. Thanks.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not sure if this will help but with the LAV Splitter selected in MP2 settings , see first screenshot, try setting the "Stream Analysis Duration" in LAV Splitter config. first to 1500 (the default is 1000) as shown in the 2nd screenshot below and if no improvement try 2000. (which is what works best for me albeit in a different context). If still no better with the setting still at 2000 try upping the both Queue settings to 1024.
    I assume you are using the stereo output from your sound card rather than the S/PDIF but whatever please can you check that the settings of the LAV Audio Configuration settings match. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• sel.jpg
      sel.jpg
      203.9 KB
    • split.jpg
      split.jpg
      100.8 KB

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to access LAV Splitter config. I find documentation for doing so in MP1, but it doesn't appear to apply to MP2. I cannot access through MP2? I don't find any .exe file in the LAV programs folder. (At some point I "enabled system tray icon" for LAV audio, so I see that.)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Go to Windows Start menu and scroll down to LAV Filters and expand the entry to show the various elements then click on LAV Spilter Config.,
    see attached screenshot for Win 11.

lav.jpg

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks. I don't have LAV in my Start menu. Must have not selected on installation. I guess I have to reinstall?

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Ok, reinstalled LAV and rried all the values suggested. No change: Audio in left channel only for MP2 64-bit.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, reinstalled LAV and rried all the values suggested. No change: Audio in left channel only for MP2 64-bit.
    Based on further research and testing with my setup that is no surprise!:mad: As far as I can tell, using the show on tray option the LAV splitter is not in use for Live and recorded TV, it is used for audio and videos but I guess also like MP1 its use is not an option for TV, something else must be in use. Lacking anyone else with the same sound card it is going to be difficult to know what to suggest but can you send me a screenshot of the Audio Player/Configure Output options as per the one below, perhaps that may give me an idea.
    @ge2301the LAV Splitter does not appear to be the culprit of this problem, it may still be something to do with codecs or even the settings in the LAV Audio decoder do you have any suggestions?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Nordfinn can you try the tool "graphstudio" as explained here in this post: Video Playback Stuttering ?

Use the 64 bit version, start MP2, start playback. In graphstudio connect to the running MP2-Graph. Post screenshots here, so we can see which filters are involved.

Second this is to post MP2-Logfiles. Use the MP2 LogCollector, attach the resulting zip here.

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    But can you send me a screenshot of the Audio Player/Configure Output options as per the one below, perhaps that may give me an idea.
    I believe the attached is want you want to see? ge2301 tried the different options, I believe (as did I), to no avail.

Attachments

• MP2 audio settings.docx
      593.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom