Audio out of sync on live TV... *Sigh* (1 Viewer)

nordemoniac

Portal Pro
January 20, 2010
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi!

I have a Samsung D8005 where I'm using all of the image rendering stuff (motion plus etc...)
Both in XBMC (which I use for movies + shows) and MP (only for TV) the video is delayed. It is at least 275ms in XBMC, where I have dynamic refresh rate enabled, and I have corrected this by delaying the audio in XBMC by 275ms. Seems to be 99% perfect now, and refresh rates are changing perfectly.

I had problems with the refresh rate changing in MP, it never changed back to 60hz when I quit MP, and then I had 23.976 hz on the desktop, which is terrible (mouse pointer is laggy etc).

Anyways, I "corrected" this in MP by setting desktop refresh rate to 50hz instead of 60 (I have PAL anyways...) and disabled Dynamic Refresh Rate in MP.
This means that everything in MP will be at 50hz, which seems to be OK (25 PAL = 50, 23/24p = 46/48...close enough).

In XBMC it is better as well, because the GUI is quick and snappy (with 50hz) and it only has to change frequency when watching HD-materials (70% of the time I guess). That way it doesn't have to switch between 60 and 50 all the time. (50 on PAL movies, 60 on XBMC GUI).

Well, anyways - this seems to be working good enough, but I'm still experiencing lip sync problems in MP. It's less than 250ms, maybe 100ms? But enough to make me question if I'm real. (I get all psyched out when audio/video is out of sync).

Is there a simple way to delay the audio on Live TV?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Which audio codec are you using for tv, delay can be set under its property pages, see LAV example, setting is top right

sshot-94.jpg

nordemoniac

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Where do I find that?

I installed a couple of packs called "HD Pack" and "SD Pack". I think I have FFDshow on some of the audio. Microsoft DTV on one and Monogram. These were the ones which worked on all channels (both audio and video) on others I could miss it on some channels.
    I can post a screenshot later...

Do you recommend me to get SAF 6? Which codecs?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Where do I find that?

I installed a couple of packs called "HD Pack" and "SD Pack". I think I have FFDshow on some of the audio. Microsoft DTV on one and Monogram. These were the ones which worked on all channels (both audio and video) on others I could miss it on some channels.
    I can post a screenshot later...

Do you recommend me to get SAF 6? Which codecs?

Hi,

Codec packs are a nightmare. You can never be sure what it is using (without looking at the logs).

My advice would be to uninstall any codec packs, and then install LAVF using MediaPortal Extension Installer. Then ensure that LAVF is used for everything in the MediaPortal codec setup. It will allow you to play pretty much anything.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    For me, Lav all the way, video\audio\\splitter filters, all that should be necessary.

The more codecs installed the more possibility of things going wrong, plus where do you then start to look if you do have a issue,

nordemoniac

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Out of interest, how is your AV/HTPC/TV connected?
    HDMI from PC to TV, optical audio to receiver (non-HDMI).

I deleted all my codecs, and installed LAV. I switched all TV-codecs to LAV, and now it looks like total crap, and is very choppy. Looks like a very bad quality mpeg-movie. Also, I can't find any settings?

I used Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 (afaik) earlier, and the image was SO crisp and nice!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Settings are under the Windows START menu, you do need to choose a format of HW acceleration your card support for LAV video.

nordemoniac

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hehehe, correct! I checked DXVA native, and it was much better. Not as good as Cyberlink, but good enough!
    I also chose 250ms under audio, which fixed my sync problems. I also tried setting audio to Dolby Digital and DTS, which my receiver supports, and it switches.

I am experiencing an occasional stuttering, I can see the CPU going up to about 80 % then back again, and it's ok.
    Haven't quite figured out where this problem starts. (Could it be because of DTS/DD in audio?)

I also tried the pattern setting at down left in video (static/random) but I did set it back to random, so this shouldn't be the problem either.
    Or maybe it was just my server or client doing something at 00:00...
    I'll try again tomorrow, if it's still there, I'll try to remove DD and DTS from audio settings.
    I really don't want any stuttering problems now :p My e450m-1 deluxe should handle it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom