Audio out of sync (1 Viewer)

beatnut88

Portal Pro
January 15, 2012
Home Country
Hi, I am having audio sync problems with a lot of my videos. The videos play fine using VLC. The audio gets disproportionately worse the longer it is played. Stopping and restarting resets the drift but only for a second.
Any help appreciated. Log file generated after reproducing the problem.
Neil

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Log files are missing Neil. Make sure you let the upload complete before hitting the post button.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You've got interesting stuff going on there. In particular, there are 2 audio codecs in the playback graph:
    [2016-11-14 19:03:26,435] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: Default DirectSound Device
    [2016-11-14 19:03:26,438] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: Enhanced Video Renderer
    [2016-11-14 19:03:26,441] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: AC3Filter
    [2016-11-14 19:03:26,444] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: LAV Video Decoder
    [2016-11-14 19:03:26,446] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: LAV Audio Decoder
    [2016-11-14 19:03:26,449] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Check graph connections for: LAV Splitter Source

Your MP Config specifies that LAV audio should be used. AC3Filter isn't even referenced. This suggests that your LAV audio config is not appropriate. Therefore please could you attach screenshots of the LAV audio codec settings. I'm expecting 3 screenshots; one for each tab. The first tab is the most important.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Neil

OK. hope these help...
    Sorry, that's not what I was looking for.
    What you've given me are screenshots of MP's codec settings.
    What I'm after is screenshots of the LAV audio codec settings.

To get to the LAV audio codec settings, you have to click the wrench/spanner/screwdriver icon next to any one of the codec settings where the LAV audio option is selected. For example, MP Config -> Codecs and Renderer section -> video codecs tab -> MPEG / AC3 audio; click the little button beside the drop down box. That will open a new window containing the LAV audio settings. I need screenshots of each of the tabs in the new window.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yep, that's what I was after. (y)

The first screenshot shows the problem with your LAV audio config: bit-streaming is enabled for a bunch of formats. That's incompatible with your MP audio renderer config. The log files you provided earlier show that MP is configured to use the default DirectSound device as audio renderer. In your case that default device is "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)" - a device that doesn't support bit-streaming (because it's an analog output).

Therefore the first action I'd recommend towards solving your audio sync problem is that you fix your config by:
    • unticking all the bit-streaming options in the first tab of the LAV audio codec settings, OR...
    • configuring MP to use a different audio codec that doesn't bit-stream, OR...
    • configuring MP to use a digital audio renderer which supports bit-streaming (for example, "SAMSUNG (Intel(R) Display Audio)"), OR...
    • changing the Windows default audio output to be a digital output which supports bit-streaming
    If it were me I'd choose the first option.

This action may solve the sync problem.

beatnut88

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi. Tried that. Made no difference. Didn't think it would as 90% of videos play back with no problem - plus TV recordings also play faultlessly. A mystery.
    Neil

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Tried that. Made no difference.
    In my previous reply I only said that the change may solve the sync problem.
    Can you now please provide new log files. Even though the problem is still happening, the exact details and/or cause may have changed due to the change in configuration. Only log files would show this.
    In these new log files, please play one video that shows the problem and one that does not.

Didn't think it would as 90% of videos play back with no problem - plus TV recordings also play faultlessly. A mystery.
    As always, I recommend to look for the patterns. What is it that those 10% of videos have in common that could explain what's going on. That's the question. You're in a far better position than anybody else to figure that out. The more information like this you can share, and the more detailed the information, the better the chances that we'll be able to figure out what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom