Audio out of sync (3 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What a waste of yours...
    Not at all! This is what I'm here for. Sometimes this is the outcome... and I fully don't mind. :)

Have learnt to keep my own counsel in future.
    Please don't feel the need to do this. Like I said, I'm here to help. Feel free to ask for help any time. Two heads are better than one, and all that... :)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Regret ever opening this can of worms. After making the changes outlined above the audio is now in sync. but the vision stops every 20 secs for a couple of secs (to keep up?).

That's roughly a 10% difference in speed e,g, the difference between 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz audio, which might suggest a wrong setting when the file was converted.

What a waste of yours and my time. Should have gone with my first instinct and re-Handbraked the file - and any others I come across. Problem solved. Sorry for the inconvenience. Have learnt to keep my own counsel in future.
    Neil

Threads like this are not a waste of time in the grand scheme of things - the information in these forum forms a huge, searchable, database of knowledge that many people (who never post questions) use for problem solving. If you've had a problem, someone else will probably have a similar one in the future.

beatnut88

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Have now resolved the problem. I dled the beta version of MP1 and that seemed to help but not cure it. Then I dled the Klite Codec pack which said that the the current LAV filters were superseded by better alternatives. Combining those with the MP renderer solved the sync probs with all videos but a sync problem then surfaced with playback of recorded TV. This was resolved by changing the renderer to the default Windows one. Now everything plays in sync.
    Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom