Audio Output randomly stops working after update to 1.6 (Solved) (1 Viewer)

Obelisk

Portal Member
March 1, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have been using Media Portal for several years now but with latest update to 1.6 I am getting random issues with audio output no longer working. My system runs 2 channel analog audio as well as SPDIF into my sound system. This setup has been working perfectly until I upgraded to 1.6.

At some point audio will randomly stop within the media player regardless of whether I am on SPDIF or on the 2 Channel analogue. When I am not in the media player I still get menu navigation sounds. Further, if I set automatic codec selection the system will playback any audio source over the 2 channel analogue. The problem definitely appears to be specific to Media Portal as using Zoom player as an external player does not have this problem and both 2 chnanel audio and 5.1 audio are passed into the sound system properly.

I have learned that I can correct this by going into the configuration utility and making changes in the Codecs panel, sometime with the codec sellection, sometimes changing the codec setting and today swtiching from LAV to Haali as the splitter seemed to solve it.

I have at time gone days with out a problem then all of a sudden it will be hours and it happens again. Right now I can't figure out the trigger and even the sollution seems a bit random. Is it possible something bad is occurring in the renderer (in my case I am using the Direct Sound SB Audigy renderer for my sound card and not the MP renderer).

Obelisk

Portal Member
March 1, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
I rolled back to 1.5 and my system is working properly again. Not sure what the issue is in 1.6 but at this point I will be very selective if I decide to upgrade again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom