Audio Problem (1 Viewer)

goomba516

Portal Member
October 25, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
HI, i have recently encountered a problem and not sure how to fix it, about 5 days ago media portal suddenly stopped playin audio for AVI files but for some reason had no problems playing audio for my MKV files, I played around with the settings a little to see if someone had messed with them but couldnt find anything, So yesterday i decided to reinstall media portal. Only problem is now almost nothing gets sound, very randomly one movie will get sound for instance a AVI will get sound and i will believe a fixed the AVI issue only to try another movie to find out it doesnt have sound. Now i am in proccess of running everything through media player classic just to make sure it isnt the files themselves but everything seems fine so far. So here is what i looking first if anyone had this problem and found a fix for it. Or i know i dont have much info as towards computer specs but thats because i honestly dont remember what i have everything at, I have coreavc for 264 files and i believe FFshow for the rest. Using a single wire to go from comp to reciever to speakers. Also if you could post what you guys have your settings set at that will help because as of right now i am basically trying every combination in hopes of finding a match. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Taomyn

Portal Member
January 7, 2008
Home Country
Luxembourg Luxembourg
Same here

I've got exactly the same problem, though with all media, and it happened about 3 or 4 days ago (I think). I'm wondering if it's due to updating my codecs, but like you say using Media Player Classic or even Windows Media Player on any of my media plays with sound. MP is a running on Vista x64 and I'm using the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack v3.7.5 for 32bit apps, can't remember what version for 64bit apps.

I'm going to run the MP test program tonight to see if that shows up anything, and post my results when I can.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I'm experiencing exactly the same....I'm still trying to find out what causes the problem myself. I have already reinstalled all my codec's to see if it fixes things but so far have not had any luck. Other than MediaPortal all the other players works without a problem.

goomba516

Portal Member
    October 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi i am glad i am not the only person running into this problem one question, is everyone running vista and secondly did you recently reboot and install updates

Taomyn

Portal Member
    January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Luxembourg Luxembourg
    Yes, Vista (Ultimate x64 to be exact)
    Yes, rebooted before problems started, as I had performed last weeks MS updates and various other software including Klite codecs.

goomba516

Portal Member
    October 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Does anyone have any idea why this is happening. I dont know what else to do and i am dying without Media Portal

Taomyn

Portal Member
    January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Luxembourg Luxembourg
    I fixed it on my installation. This thread gave me the clue, though their fix wasn't the fix for my problem.

Reconfigure MP to not run in full screen mode and disable GUI sounds (you can re-enable them later, but I don't have them on so just want to replicate what I did) and then run MP but do nothing else - that way you can still see other applications on the desktop.

Next click on the volume icon in the system tray to bring up the mixer - you should not see MP listed.

Back in MP, the mixer should remain displayed, play some media with audio, obviously.

When the media plays MP should appear as an application in the mixer. With mine the volume was at the bottom i.e. zero. Push the slider all the way back up and voila, sound is back. :eek:

Close MP and reconfigure the full screen and GUI sounds as you like.

Hope this helps the rest of you. I still have no idea why it dropped to zero, but at least I know where to look in case it happens again.

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Drops to zero if you minimize MP with something playing, and then exit from the tray. Best would be if MP restored volume before exit, but it doesn't

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom