[no Bug] Audio Renderer (1 Viewer)

Dave Reynolds

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I am still having issues (as with 1.3 alpha) and the Mediaportal Audio Renderer.

All is fine until paused, then the lip sync can randomly go totally out.

I am using an SPDIF connection to an amp, The audio Renderer is using the default settings.
    It only happens after a pause.

This is a new clean install, Windows 7 Home Premium x64, Using the LAV Video/Audio filters, and 1.3 Beta, it's a custom version with DJ Blu's sky plugin, but have also tested on a clean vanilla 1.3 Beta install.

Log's posted, If I can provide any further info let me know.

Thanks.

Dave.

Last edited:

Dave Reynolds

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi,

Getting stranger this only seems to be happening when bitstreaming is enabled in the LAV Audio configuration (which i select because of 5.1 surround).
    Is their a specific setting for this ?

Dave.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Getting stranger this only seems to be happening when bitstreaming is enabled in the LAV Audio configuration (which i select because of 5.1 surround).
    Is their a specific setting for this ?

Dave.

You should not use bitstreaming with MPAR in use.
    See (taken from: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-audio-renderer.107316/):

Limitations of audio renderer

Currently there are following limitations for MediaPortal Audio renderer
    • Bitstreaming (no point since resampling destroys the whole idea of bitstreaming) - includes all formats
    • Windows 7 (Vista most likely as well) audio decoder is not supporting AC3 with 3rd party applications (Dolby lisencing restirction - Microsoft MPEG-1/DD/AAC Audio Decoder (Windows))
    • Volume control is not working with WASAPI exclusive mode since it bypasses the OS audio mixer. Native volume control implementation will be added later.
    Future possibitilies of audio renderer
    • Bitstreaming (this will cause lot of the main, video playback related features not to work - so this is not on high priority)

I guess @tourettes can tell you more. :)

Last edited:

Dave Reynolds

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks for this.

I kind of thought so, with no bitstreaming enabled I'm not getting any 5.1 sound even though it's specified, is this got to be configured elsewhere ?

I will also read through the thread,

Thanks.

Dave.[DOUBLEPOST=1355659074][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi,

All sorted now, Disabled bitstreaming and set AC3 Encoding to "Auto" and it works like a dream, no issues with pause now etc...

You guys rock! this is an amazing release.

I will be sure to show my appreciation in the new year. :)

Dave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom