Audio Renderer (1 Viewer)

Adam86

Portal Pro
April 19, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just have a quick question, does MP2 contain the MediaPortal Audio Renderer from MP1? or is there a replacement to this?

Also, is functionality broken when attempting to view movies by Title rather than Genre, as it doesnt appear to work?

Thanks

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    is there a replacement to this?
    Please use LAV instead.

Also, is functionality broken when attempting to view movies by Title rather than Genre, as it doesnt appear to work?
    Such functions are currently affected by some missing programmatic infrastructure. The good news is that we are busy working on closing these gaps, have made huge steps forward and are planning to release a new test candidate in the very near future.

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Please use LAV instead.

But before on MP1 you had to use LAV in conjunction with MPAR as the audio renderer instead of DirectShow. I thought solely using LAV alone is not enough to avoid video/audio clock drift?
    or is there now configuration within LAV directly that eliminates the requirement for using MPAR?

Such functions are currently affected by some missing programmatic infrastructure. The good news is that we are busy working on closing these gaps, have made huge steps forward and are planning to release a new test candidate in the very near future.

This is brilliant to hear, looking forward to it.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When MPAR is registered, it can be selected inside video player configuration (audio renderer). I have not used it yet, so I can't say how good it works together.

This should work without issues: you can select different filter/layouts from the "hidden" menu (or in BlueVision skins by top-left menu button). If this doesn't work correctly, please post screenshots and logfiles for checking.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But before on MP1 you had to use LAV in conjunction with MPAR as the audio renderer instead of DirectShow.
    That must have been a very long time ago. You don't need MPAR today and its use is not recommended because of stability issues.

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    I don't know where I keep missing this information I thought it was the recommended configuration for best playback!

Where is the best configuration recommendations these days?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Where is the best configuration recommendations these days?
    This will always depend on your individual hardware. For example I have a system where everything is working perfectly with LAV. In all cases I have been very happy with the audio performance of LAV and never did I have issues with video and audio getting asynchronous. Note that LAV has an option to ensure synchronicity.

On another PC I had to install a PowerDVD codec to correctly play SD sources as otherwise the CPU usage would be close to 100%.

Notwithstanding I would nowadays start with LAV for everything, assess how it works for the different sources (particularly 1080i if appropriate - watch CPU usage) and only fix selective issues if required. Most likely things will work out of the box (assuming correct setup of LAV).

I don't know where I keep missing this information
    Well, we never shouted "Don't use MPAR" but we certainly promote the use of LAV as the standard codec. Tht's why it is rolled out as part of the MP package. There is surely no need for any additional codec packages anymore

But we are getting OT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom