Audio Skips Intermittently on MKV Playback (1 Viewer)

quixote23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Vancouver
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    After some recent upgrades, I've started to see a strange issue with audio skipping (like a broken record) intermittently during MKV video playback. The video plays back as normal while the audio skips until I hit the stop button. I can start up the video again immediately and the issue goes away for a while.

This seems to happen about once every 1.5 hours and it doesn't seem to matter how long the actual video is or how large it is. To my knowledge there's nothing running on a 90-minute schedule in the background that might prompt this.

The problem appeared after a recent upgrade from a 512gb SATA HDD to a 512gb SSD, so I'm assuming that might be the source of the problem. Mediaportal resides on the SSD, but it's playing video from an internal HDD storage drive.

I've attached logs, if anyone can provide any insight. FYI, the last time this happened was last night (2014-03-24) while watching the file "Person of Interest s02e22.mkv".

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    You have a lot of error. (Avalon plugin / SMP plugin)
    Can you try by using watchdog tool and select first option ? (First delete all your actual log to have a clean one from 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log'
    You need to setup your share folder to be use into MyVideo and try to watch movie / series and see what happen :)
    You have strange error on cleanup directshow graph when stopping a movie, so it can be an issue with codec too.

quixote23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Vancouver
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I figured out the problem - I had installed the new AMD beta drivers for my video and audio. Rolling back to the latest stable release fixed the problem!

Thanks for your help. I'm a little worried about this directshow error... Any suggestions on how to proceed with fixing that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom