Audio sync problem with recorded TV?? (1 Viewer)

speedypancake

Portal Member
January 3, 2006
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: XP
CPU Type: Pentium 4
HDD: 120B (80GB Free)
Memory: 1GB
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Radeon 9200
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Creative Audigy 2.0
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Happauge Nova-T
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

After a break of over a year, I decided to give Media Portal another go. Wow, things have changed a lot :) However, I've quickly run into a problem regarding recorded TV files. They play perfectly through the PC. But I'm used to "streaming" audio and video files from the PC to our Xbox running the latest xbmc. This normally works very well, but with files recorded through MP there are severe audio sync problems.. any thoughts for a simple cure as I'd love to get this working properly. Even tried burning the files to disc & ftp'ing to the Xbox's own hard drive with the same results..

thanks

Gamester17

Portal Pro
May 12, 2004
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
The problem is that DVR-MS which MediaPortal 0.2.x uses isn't an open format and thus there are no perfect open source decoder/demuxer for it, ...XBMC and MPlayer (the open source video player XBMC uses) developers are however constantly working on improving the FFmpeg libavcodec/libavformat (open source decoder/demuxer), you can help them by testing the beta mplayer.dll and submitting non-working samples to the developers
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34

PS! This won't be a problem with MediaPortal once it permently switches to a pure MPEG-2 codec

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom