Audio/Video Sync Problem in Live TV (1 Viewer)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In that post I'm talking about the DXVA version:
    ...I don't experience any sync issues whatsoever unless I enable the surface overlay post processing with the DxVA version.
    Later it seems I was able to reproduce a problem with the non-DXVA version only with quite specific settings...

I can only say that I honestly don't experience problems using FFDShow non-DXVA in "normal" (for me) conditions. As I said, I *do* know of the issues with FFDShow DXVA + h.264 + switching between channels with different resolutions - this is where Tony's patch is required. However I'm not recommending the DXVA version here; I'm recommending the non-DXVA version. I could be wrong but I think non-DXVA codecs are generally more resilient to stream corruption...

mm
    :)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The sync issues with ffdshow (non-DXVA) definitely exist (or rather existed, as of 1.2.0), they have been known for quite a while, but were only recently fixed on the TsReader side by Owlsroot, as explained in that thread. For most or many users (including me) these sync issues always occurred on any system with the default settings from ffdshow as well as with hardware deinterlacing enabled. Owlsroot was able to reproduce it 100% as well and also explained why it happened and introduced fixes (or rather workarounds) in the TsReader to accomodate for it.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just to butt-in :)

It's possible there is a problem in tsreader with av sync during/after stream corruption. I noticed this once or twice when fixing the bad signal problem. It doesn't recover on its own and you have to skip step backwards. I'm not an expert on tsreader but I think it probably needs to recalculate something after it detects discontinuities in the stream.

I'll see if I can confirm when i've a bit more time.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I think trying FFDShow Video and Audio codecs would be a good idea - they should work OK with the 1.2.0 TsReader, and it would be interesting to see if they handle the (serious) signal corruption problems better than the MPC codecs.

Looking at the logs, what's happening is that it's accumulating a lot of video packets inside TsReader (nearly a thousand at the end), presumably because they are not being consumed by the video decode filter. Skipping back will fix the problem because it flushes all the data out of the filter graph and re-synchronises A/V.

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    ....You could also try the 'no-stop' TsReader.ax version from here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/784741-post113.html - just close MP, backup the current file, and drop the new one into the C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal folder.

Please note this a work-in-progress project so it may have other issues, but it does at least drop late video/audio packets so it might cope better with the corruptions.

EDIT: Also try this (new) version - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/793405-post143.html

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom