Audio Video Sync Problem (1 Viewer)

The G-Man

September 7, 2005
I've checked the forums and have seen that others have been having audio/video synce problems with no solutions.

I've been having the same problem, like others. This only occurs in MP and not in the Hauppauge software. The sound always occurs before the video. Is this possibly caused by using integrated graphics?

I'm using MP 0.2.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    I´d like to confirm this problem.

The audio runs ahead of the video.
    It is something like 0.5 to 1.0 seconds ahead.
    Not much but annoying.
    This is the case right from the entering TV.
    I have no sync issues in video or recorded TV (have to look for recorded tv again to make sure)
    As you see in the signature I do have an external graphics card, so this does not seem to be the reason.

I use the mp standard integrated codecs for tv video and audio.
    I also tried ffdshow for audio. than I don´t have sync problems, but I have astuttering every other minute. Also tried other video codecs, but the integrated one works best. MP version was 0.2RC1. updated to a cvs version now from last week. Problem was in both the same.

Before I had no sync problems. But I changed my HTPC 2 month ago, so I don´t know if it is a new mp version or the different hardware that causes it.

Any ideas, tips, confirmation?

tomtom

csberto

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2004
    Tilburg, the Netherlands
    tomtom21000 said:

Not much but annoying.
    I have no sync issues in video or recorded TV (have to look for recorded tv again to make sure)
    As you see in the signature I do have an external graphics card, so this does not seem to be the reason.

I also tried ffdshow for audio. than I don´t have sync problems, but I have astuttering every other minute. Also tried other video codecs, but the integrated one works best. MP version was 0.2RC1. updated to a cvs version now from last week. Problem was in both the same.

Before I had no sync problems. But I changed my HTPC 2 month ago, so I don´t know if it is a new mp version or the different hardware that causes it.

tomtom
    I also have stuttering and sync problems every now and then. Changing codecs does'nt solve the problem. Moreover when I turn timeshifting off sound stutters heavily for a few moments and then stops completely and the display stutters constantly. I have the Hauppauge PVR350 TV tuner card, the Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS soundcard and the Geforce 7800 GTX video card.

leatherwood

Portal Member
    November 1, 2005
    The G-Man said:
    I've checked the forums and have seen that others have been having audio/video synce problems with no solutions.

I've been having the same problem, like others. This only occurs in MP and not in the Hauppauge software. The sound always occurs before the video. Is this possibly caused by using integrated graphics?

I'm using MP 0.2.

I had this same problem, use the Hauppauge codec for both Video and Audio, this fixed my problem completely.

Zyphrax

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2005
    Netherlands
    leatherwood said:
    I had this same problem, use the Hauppauge codec for both Video and Audio, this fixed my problem completely.
    I didn't know Hauppauge released their own Codecs. Where can I download them or do you have to buy them?

Edit:
    I see this download on Hauppauge.Tv downloads (the site is in Dutch).
    Is this the right one/newest?

Software MPEG decoder
    Alleen benodigd voor produkten uit de PVR/HVR en DVB serie
    Hauppauge MPEG decoder versie 5.0.23290 (17-10-2005 )

LordWookie

Portal Member
    October 8, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I am having audio/video sync problems with LiveTV as well.

With timeshifting on, when I switch channels, the picture jumps a bit, and then the audio and video are out of sync. I thnk it does not occur when timeshifting is off.

I think a part of the problem (or maybe the whole problem) is MediaPortal, I read a lot of forum posts on this. I tried a lot of codecs, hauppauge drivers, videocard drivers, registry settings, installed/uninstalled ffdshow etc. I'm using the newest CVS.

csberto

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2004
    Tilburg, the Netherlands
    csberto said:
    tomtom21000 said:

Not much but annoying.

tomtom
    I also have stuttering and sync problems every now and then. Changing codecs does'nt solve the problem. Moreover when I turn timeshifting off sound stutters heavily for a few moments and then stops completely and the display stutters constantly. I have the Hauppauge PVR350 TV tuner card, the Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS soundcard and the Geforce 7800 GTX video card.

See http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=65245#65245
    for a possible solution

LordWookie

Portal Member
    October 8, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I'm don't have dual processing, so this solution does not work for me. I noticed that while watching a programm this out of sync gets worse as time moves. Also changing channels increases the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom