Audiop when playing some AVI files (1 Viewer)

mickb

Portal Pro
June 8, 2005
Travelling Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi, I have had a strange issue arise recently where some AVI files have stopped playing the main audiotrack. when I play these files within Meadiaportal I get some sound (backround music and such) but not the main audio track. If I exit Mediaportal and play them in Windows Media player they play fine. strangely they were all working fine a few months ago. I have noted that the files that work have Dolby Digital & 5.1 Audio in the file attributes at the bottom of the My TV Series page and the ones that don't just have Dolby Digital. I can't remember if the faulty ones used to have 5.1 on them as well but they did work previously. I reinstalled MP15 and have since upgraded to MP16 without any change. I have attached my log file and hope I have done it right so it is helpful. Any suggestions where I should look?

Cheers Mick

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Mick

Thanks for the report.

have attached my log file and hope I have done it right so it is helpful.
    Unfortunately not quite.

Can you please use the Watchdog with option 1 ("report a bug...").
    When you click "proceed", MediaPortal will open.
    You can then demonstrate the problem by playing one of the files that works and one of the files that doesn't for 30 seconds each.
    After that, close MediaPortal and the Watchdog will create the zip file for you as per usual.

P.S. I see that you're using the TV Series plugin. Watchdog option 1 disables all third party plugins (to eliminate them as potential causes of the problem), therefore you'll need to play your videos using the built-in videos plugin/section. Alternatively if you're 100% confident that the problem isn't caused by a plugin, you could use Watchdog option 2 (which works the same as option 1 but without disabling third party plugins).

mickb

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2005
    Travelling Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi and thanks for the quick reply. I tried option 1 but it wouldn't let me navigate to the Ext HDD where the files reside. I have used option 2 and have attached the log created. The first file played did not work but the 2nd did. I hope this is more helpful. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom