Audioscrobbler (last.fm) support for MediaPortal! (1 Viewer)

How do you rate this feature?

• Sorry, I cannot use internet stuff on my HTPC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorry, I need to read more about my privacy first

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

patricon

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi RTV! I'm trying to develop a new skin for MP (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/lead_electric_monochrome_mod-t31956.html) and i've noticed that your plugin does not provide these variables: #Play.Current.Artist, #Play.Current.Title, #Play.Current.Album, etc... it's a bug? i'm doing something wrong? When trying to use these values, they are empty all the times...:confused:

Thanks in advance and best regards,

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi RTV! I'm trying to develop a new skin for MP (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/lead_electric_monochrome_mod-t31956.html) and i've noticed that your plugin does not provide these variables: #Play.Current.Artist, #Play.Current.Title, #Play.Current.Album, etc... it's a bug? i'm doing something wrong? When trying to use these values, they are empty all the times...:confused:

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Code:
    GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#Play.Current.Artist", CurrentSongTag.Artist);
    GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#Play.Current.Album", CurrentSongTag.Album);
    GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#Play.Current.Title", CurrentSongTag.Title);
    GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#Play.Current.Genre", CurrentSongTag.Genre);
    GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#Play.Current.Thumb", CurrentSongTag.Comment);
    GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#trackduration", Util.Utils.SecondsToHMSString(CurrentSongTag.Duration));

Those are set on each track change - just have a look at the original skin files and you'll see how they are used.

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I've finally found the problem! It was that i was using PureAudio plugin, i've disabled it and now it works fine... Can u solve this? or it's a problem/bug into the PureAudio code?

regards,

bounguine

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2005
    St.Petersburg
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Another problem.
    Everything went OK until scrobbling suddenly stopped in MP.

But at the same time:
    Winamp - scrobbling OK,
    WMP - OK.

If I open plugin through Configuration panel, I can browse any kind of Live data, including songs recently scrobbled from Winamp and WMP.

Here's the log:

2007-12-04 23:20:19.358235 [Info.][MPMain]: BASS: playback started
    2007-12-04 23:20:19.358235 [Info.][MPMain]: g_Player.OnStarted() D:\Music_2\Mp3\McLaughlin, John\Time Remembered - John McLaughlin plays Bill Evans\Mclaughlin, John - We Will Meet Again.mp3 media:Music
    2007-12-04 23:20:19.576999 [Warn.][MPMain]: AudioscrobblerBase: Disconnected - not attempting Announce handshake
    2007-12-04 23:20:19.576999 [Warn.][MPMain]: AudioscrobblerBase: Handshake failed - not announcing current song
    2007-12-04 23:20:19.576999 [Info.][MPMain]: Audioscrobbler plugin: starting song length timer with an interval of 130 seconds
    2007-12-04 23:20:49.828935 [Warn.][PoolThread18]: AudioScrobblerUtils: alternative artist spelling detected - trying to fetch both thumbs (MP: Mclaughlin, John / official: John McLaughlin)
    2007-12-04 23:20:53.297907 [Info.][PoolThread18]: MyMusic: Thumb successfully downloaded: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Music\Artists\John McLaughlinL.jpg
    2007-12-04 23:22:29.585319 [Info.][11]: Audioscrobbler plugin: cached song for submit: We Will Meet Again - Mclaughlin, John (Time Remembered - John Mclaughlin Plays Bill Evans)
    2007-12-04 23:24:36.140293 [Info.][MPMain]: g_Player.Play(F:\2_Music\T. Rex\Tanx\T. Rex - Broken Hearted Blues.mp3)
    2007-12-04 23:24:36.405935 [Info.][8]: Command:confused:top radio

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    2007-12-04 23:20:19.576999 [Warn.][MPMain]: AudioscrobblerBase: Disconnected - not attempting Announce handshake

This is only the "now playing" announcement which has failed. Unfortunately last.fm's servers aren't reachable from time to time. MP then sets the "Disconnected" property and will locally cache the scrobbled tracks.
    Now you'd have to wait until the next "forced" handshake which is time based or until MP is restarted.

I'll see if I maybe change the code to silently ignore failing now playing announcements and keep on trying to submit the tracks.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I didn't succeed in posting my logs at http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com

So here're the logs.
    First before updating DB, second - after it
    What's wrong with pastebin?

At this point MP cannot connect to the submission server of audioscrobbler.com:
    Code:
    2007-12-05 22:34:16.484375 [Info.][11]: AudioscrobblerBase.GetResponse: HttpWebRequest.GetResponse: Unable to connect to the remote server
    If your internet connection is working, your firewall is setup correctly, etc then please check this site for the current server status.

If everything else works okay, try changing your password on www.last.fm and update MP's plugin accordingly.

bounguine

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2005
    St.Petersburg
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I didn't succeed in posting my logs at http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com

So here're the logs.
    First before updating DB, second - after it
    What's wrong with pastebin?

At this point MP cannot connect to the submission server of audioscrobbler.com:
    Code:
    2007-12-05 22:34:16.484375 [Info.][11]: AudioscrobblerBase.GetResponse: HttpWebRequest.GetResponse: Unable to connect to the remote server
    If your internet connection is working, your firewall is setup correctly, etc then please check this site for the current server status.

If everything else works okay, try changing your password on www.last.fm and update MP's plugin accordingly.

Yes-yes, I saw it.
    Everything is OK with connection.
    Winamp and WMP are working properly with Last.fm, uploading information.
    More than this I can get information through your plugin in the Configuration console.
    Of course, I'll check it again at night

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom