Audioscrobbler (last.fm) support for MediaPortal! (1 Viewer)

How do you rate this feature?

• Sorry, I cannot use internet stuff on my HTPC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorry, I need to read more about my privacy first

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've finally found the problem! It was that i was using PureAudio plugin, i've disabled it and now it works fine... Can u solve this? or it's a problem/bug into the PureAudio code?

regards,

My fault!! PureAudio plugin currently does not work together with last.fm radio.

Symphy

bounguine

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2005
    St.Petersburg
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    If your internet connection is working, your firewall is setup correctly, etc then please check this site for the current server status.

If everything else works okay, try changing your password on www.last.fm and update MP's plugin accordingly.

What I did:

1. I played music the whole day, using only WMP 11. Everything was OK.
    2. I used MP - info was uploaded for some hours, then connection collapsed. Sometimes I had to restart MP to restore the connection, sometimes MP restored the connection and uploaded info hours later by itself.
    3. I played music the whole day, using only WinAmp. Everything was OK.
    4. I didn't switch off PC yesterday night and launched both MP and WinAmp. When I went to bed songs from the two players were scrobbled. In the morning I saw that MP lost the connection, WinAmp did it's best. I restarted both players. No info from MP, WinAmp is OK.

One thing more - when I use WinAmp I can see on last.fm site the song played and it's status "now playing" (even if it's played 10%). With MP in most cases I have to wait until the next song begins to see the song played.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I forgot.
    If connection is restored by MP, some songs, which were in a queue, are not scrobbled anyway

Of course - the "spam protection" of last.fm intervenes if you listen to tracks _after_ another player cached songs it could not submit.

Code:
    AudioscrobblerBase.GetResponse: HttpWebRequest.GetResponse: The remote name could not be resolved: 'post.audioscrobbler.com'

Again there's a simple internet connectivity problem on your system. Sorry but the other players would not have worked at that time as well... Please keep in mind that all .NET apps share the internet explorer's dialup/networking/proxy settings if the do not explicitly handle it themselves.

bounguine

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2005
    St.Petersburg
    Home Country
    Of course - the "spam protection" of last.fm intervenes if you listen to tracks _after_ another player cached songs it could not submit.

I mean the situation, when I use MP alone.
    After the connection restores I miss some songs.

Using MP together with WinAmp causes no problem.

Code:
    AudioscrobblerBase.GetResponse: HttpWebRequest.GetResponse: The remote name could not be resolved: 'post.audioscrobbler.com'

Again there's a simple internet connectivity problem on your system. Sorry but the other players would not have worked at that time as well... Please keep in mind that all .NET apps share the internet explorer's dialup/networking/proxy settings if the do not explicitly handle it themselves.[/QUOTE]

We might misunderstood each other.
    If talk about two players, I did that experiment: MP + WinAmp.
    They both work normally together.

But if I use just one player - it's only MP that looses connection.
    Maybe, it's all because it's a .NET app.

I might have connection problems, but I didn't suffer them using WinAmp the rest of the day.
    You may watch my last.fm profile.

MP may even loose connection for ever until I restart it once or twice.
    Sometimes there's no effect when I restart it, sometimes it works properly and sometimes I can see only the song beeing played ("now playing"), but when the next starts this very song dissapears. Then again and again - appears/dissapears. As a result - no songs added at all.
    With WinAmp it's OK

So I had to use WinAmp and WMP together with last.fm player (version 1.3.2.13).
    That's a pity

bounguine

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2005
    St.Petersburg
    Home Country
    Sorry for me bothering you again.
    What I did:

1. Listening songs in MP - no scrobbling again.
    2. Opening Last.fm menu in MP's GUI - I'm not identified (no info about me logged in, no friends).
    3. Configuration panel > Plugins>Audioscrobbler>Refresh - I got info about recent songs, friends and so on.
    4. Opening Last.fm menu in MP's GUI - I see myself and my friends.
    5. Listening radio in MP - OK. Information about the radiostation beeing played through MP is seen on last.fm site.
    6. Listening songs in MP - no scrobbling, but info about similar artists and pictures from last.fm are downloading

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here it is.
    But it's from 09.12.2007

Thank you very much!

Most likely last.fm received "garbage" because the artist names could not be stored in your local codepage. I've fixed this - now the Trackcache uses UTF-8 and should work for all artists.

Please check this svn build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom