Australia - advice on tv cards please (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusmann

Portal Pro
October 22, 2005
Hi all. I am putting together a media portal machine for a friend and before I buy the cards I'd like to hear from some Australians and what works for them.

I need to achieve this :

FM radio
Dual digital TV tuners
An input for the foxtel set-top box (Hardware mpeg I assume)

Does anybody know if there is a single card that can achieve all this or is a combination of cards better?

I've looked at lots of cards and I'm not 100% sure what to buy, and often when I do find the right cards/s I can't get them in Australia.

So please Australians, let me know what has worked for you.

Thanks !

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Two options depending on what you want to spend.

1x Hauppauge PVR-150MCE (hardware analogue, fm radio) + 1x DVICO dual digital card

or

1x Hauppauge HVR1300 (hardware analogue, fm radio, dvb-t, can only use one portion at a time) + 1x ..... insert any dvb-t card here......

Only thing is dual digital tuners still dont work (for me and others) so for now he might have to settle for 1 (just dont enable the second).

bombonator

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    angusmann said:
    FM radio
    Dual digital TV tuners

I have that working well with:

2 X Fusion Plus + 1 X Hauppauge 150MCE

Fusion Lite's instead of Plus's would have done me as i now use the analogue inputs on my hardware based 150MCE and not the software based analogue inputs on the Fusion Plus's.

I prefer separate cards rather than the 1 card-does-it-all option, as I have plenty of slots, can move them between computers individually, sometimes you can't do 2 or more things at once on all-in-one things whereas separate cards are truly separate if you know what i mean...

rosco99

Portal Member
    May 10, 2005
    MossVale, NSW, Australia
    angusmann said:
    I need to achieve this :

FM radio
    Dual digital TV tuners

Thanks !
    Try--http://www.digitalnow.com.au/product_pages/dvico_hybrid.html
    This is a good range of cards readily available in Australia. I am sure all are supported by MP. I use one of the earlier models which works well with MP. For Foxtel I use the composite input and Dscaler to view and record.
    Ross

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I use two Compro t-300s. You can get these cards for $129 each and they also have an analoge tuner. It's only software analoge though, so you still need a trusty PVR 150 but if you want a very good cheap all purpose card then these are a great buy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom