Australian HD channels constantly stuttering (1 Viewer)

Shadowless

Portal Member
January 19, 2009
Home Country
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
Windows Version: Windows XP Service Pack 2
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 1700 +
HDD: ST360015A (60GIG)
Memory: 512MB DDR
Motherboard: ASUS
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce FX 5500
Video Card Driver: 6.14.0010 (English)
Sound Card: NVIDIA Nforce Audio
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Yuan PG700 PCI Hybrid TV +FM/Analogue Tuner
1. TV Card Type: dvb-t
1. TV Card Driver: 3.0.1
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPV
h.264 Video Codec: I've tried Cyberlink and Intervideo.
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I love Media Portal, but I have a problem with the HD channels. I can't seem to view them properly. It's constantly stuttering, (only the normal digital channel seems to work). My other TV Software I had on the PC before I upgraded to Service Pack 2 was ProgDVB , played the HD Channels fine with the MainConcept codec? (That's what it said in the Video H.264 codec video options in the program).

Could anyone reccomend what codec's they think they would work with the Australian HD Channels (apart from Cyberlink and Intervideo) that may help solve this problem for Media Portal? I'm too happy with MediaPortal to go back to Service Pack One since the HD channels were working fine with the other tv software before I upgraded to test out MediaPortal to see if it suited me (and it does btw :) ).

My original thinknig is because of the timeshifting, since you can't disable it with the TV Server, but I'm not so sure. I'm trying to work out how to post the logs (will do a search) and post the logs tomorrow.

Shadowless

Portal Member
January 19, 2009
Home Country
Those are the ones that came with Cyberlink PowerDVD, I tried those ones, still doesn't work. (this time it crashed MP).

Shadowless

Portal Member
January 19, 2009
Home Country
It runs everything else fine with no hassles, just the HD-Channels obviously not up to scratch with my specs then. Oh well :) If that's the case, I still have another DVB-T software which I can install to view the HD channels. :) So really it's not a big loss at the moment. I guess I can remove the HD channels from the database then. :) Thanks for your help.

Shadowless

Portal Member
January 19, 2009
Home Country
Just an update - I've been fine to be able to record a show on 7HD Nine HD and TenHD without the TV on and can view them in Media Portal with no problems. So I figure that will be a temp solved problem for now until I upgrade my Specs. Can view the HD files fine in Cyberlink PowerDVD and VideoRedo (to edit out commercials) , I think possibly it may have something to do with the timeshift data, not sure, now that I think about it bit more because the timeshift data is writing to the hard disk and I've had problems with HD channels viewing with the Timeshift on. For exmaple Prog DVB and DVB dream view the HD channels fine without the Timeshift enabled on it. Such a shame I can't disable it with MediaPortal, but oh well. At least with somewhat I can still view the recorded HD files.

Shadowless

Portal Member
January 19, 2009
Home Country
Heya

Currently looking into getting a new hard drive, but until that happens - I guess I figure recording the HD channels and doing other stuff around the house isn't going to hurt me :) Would that actually help though? I have the timeshift data on the C:\ (60 GIG Drive) and Windows is installed on the D:\ partition. and that's a 10GIG. I don't have much stuff installed on that or on the 60gig. Currently into getting a 320GIG or a 500GIG external drive anyway.

I just wanted to let you know that's how I discovered I could watch the HD programs. I know it's a pain but its a temporary experimental solution at this stage - but I do use DVB Dream most of the time for the HD channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom