Australian TV Guide - new extras (1 Viewer)

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Thanks to all who have helped test my little program.

I have added a few extras that I would appreciate some feedback on:

1. Multi source downloads - so for example if you are on the Central Coast in NSW, you can get data for Newcastle and Sydney.

2. A search utility for downloaded data, you can search for a phrase in all the titles and descriptions in the data you have downloaded. Then double click it for more details, and the option to add it to the MediaPortal recording file (so it will record like other MediaPlayer recordings).

New program is available at:
http://home.people.net.au/~threebridges/downloads/tv/AdvancedEPG/ download the OzTvServiceSetup.exe file.

Be sure that you do not overwrite the oztvsetup.ini file when you instal the new version or you will loose all of your channel mappings

Please give some feedback if possible.

Regards
Kev

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    good news on the australian tv guide front

Its probably a step in the right direction, but I don't think that it is going to do anything for us MediaPortal users - this statement at the end of the article is important:-

"commercial broadcasters would make the electronic program guides available to manufacturers of personal video recorders and set-top boxes, providing manufacturers encrypted them to protect program makers' copyright."

:(

tasty carp

Portal Member
    February 18, 2006
    every little bit helps. The networks think we are worse than hitler because I want to watch a program 30 mins later. Hopefully the courts will see that what ice TV is doing is not evil (not a bad service when i used it). I can also see Microsoft keen to do some deals to get MCE working here too one day. The more program data gets around promoting HTPC like gear the better for all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom