Australians and Newzealanders - please help :-) (1 Viewer)

squidina

Portal Member
August 5, 2005
I appreciate the effort you put in marketing your place! :)

Heh.. no dramas at all. Funnily enough after discussing what you could do around town, my wife and I have started booking in us doing the things we've suggested. Most we've done before, but not necessarily together, so I consider it a win-win!

If only I had the money and the time... The sphere we are living on ist so small if you look at it when you live somewhere around Alpha Centauri - but judged from the Berlin point of view it's rather large :) Thus, expensive and time consuming :) How many times did you peronally go to Europe? ;-)

Man, I'd love to get over to Europe at some point, but so far I've not been cashed up enough. We've been travelling through Asia the last few years as it's a real cheap holiday for us, and it's great experiencing new cultures. We've just had our first kid, so overseas trips are off the agenda for the next little while.

I really like the idea of the container ship though. Cheers for the links. I forwarded them onto my wife and she's keen once we have the money ( and can find a babysitter... heh... )

Eventho Germany and Australia have a kinda top levelish beer consumption (I think the Belgians still beat us...), Löwenbräu is Bavarian and strictly spoken, Bavaria is just formally a part of Germany from an adminstrational or federalistical point of view! :) I have to point that out, as I am from Berlin and thus, I am from Prussia and so Bavaria is something like an enemy by heritage (if that makes sense). Btw. Bavarians would agree on that. Everything thats from outside of Bavaria is Prussia and hence bad - even Japan! :) So, going there would really not make me feel home :) But these are marginal cultural issues you don't need to care about at all :) Just to clearify that not all of us Germans run around wearing leather trousers and dancing "Schuhplattler" :)

Heh... my bad entirely. As soon as I posted, I had this sinking feeling that Lowenbrau was Bavarian instead... :oops: I should've checked, but I was in the middle of doing something else. Apologies for any insult ( implied or otherwise ;) ). I did know some of the Barvarian/German stuff, but didn't realise it ran that deeply. Ah well, I learnt something today!

Anyways - I'm gonna print your advises and take them with me - sounds very nice :) maybe we have a beer together? What would that be? Foster's? :)

lol... I doubt you'd find anywhere that would sell Fosters in Australia. To be honest I don't think it's even brewed down here any more! I'd definetly suggest getting up to the Lord Nelson if you can though. It's got some great beers, and a great atmosphere as well. It's not exactly cheap for food, but it's a really nice old pub... well "old" by Aussie standards ( probably still young by European ;) ).

As to the Koala hospital, Port Macquarie is a fair way up the coast from Sydney. That's probably why I couldn't place it. It's probably about 5 hours drive depending on traffic ( and how fast you drive ). Interesting though. I may have to drop in when next I drive up to Brisbane.

Cheers -- Stuart

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom