auto create folder and rename (1 Viewer)

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

yesterday I renamed all my movies with a guide posted here in this section. Therefore I used a batch file to move all movies into seperate folders and then re-scanned my collection. At the end I renamed the movies including the imdb id.
    Now the filesystem and moving pic db is perfect structured. But what happens with new movies?

Is there a way that moving pictures automates this process?

I mean, I put a movie in my folder which moving picture scans. As soon as it autoapproves a movie the movie get's moved in to a new folder and then the dir and the file get's renamed.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    yesterday I renamed all my movies with a guide posted here in this section. Therefore I used a batch file to move all movies into seperate folders and then re-scanned my collection. At the end I renamed the movies including the imdb id.
    Now the filesystem and moving pic db is perfect structured. But what happens with new movies?

Is there a way that moving pictures automates this process?

I mean, I put a movie in my folder which moving picture scans. As soon as it autoapproves a movie the movie get's moved in to a new folder and then the dir and the file get's renamed.

There are many 3rd party methods to do this process 'before' you import, which is usually the easiest place to do it.

Or you accumulate a bunch of new imports and then repeat the steps you did.

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes, I already tested some scripts and stuff but from what I have tested nothing is better to recognize movies than IMDB+ combined with moving pictures and since there is already a function to manually rename the movies I thought it might be possible to automate this step ad add directory creation :)

what automation software/script do you recommend?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    what automation software/script do you recommend?

No real recommendation, and I guess it came out wrong; the suggested enhancement you asked for would be awesome if MovPic can do it, as it would create a single point of usage.

But depending on your source, there are solutions available such as CouchPotato.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom