Auto DJ mode (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Also looking for input on an auto DJ mode.

In my experience the current audioscrobbler playlist feature does work too well and when it does work it tend to be quite limited and often the same tracks.

What I want to do is incorporate the similar track info from last.fm to pick out similar tracks that exist in the users library and then add these tracks to the end of the playlist if this mode is enabled. This will not require a last.fm account so will be accessible to all and the actual list of similar songs seems much much better than is calculated now by audioscrobbler plugin.

Check out
    http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?m...ieve&api_key=b25b959554ed76058ac220b7b2e0a026
    which is the last.fm sample (you can hack the artist and track names to see what comes back)

This mode will be able to be turned on / off throughout music section along with shuffle and repeat (or at least that is my plan)

So any thoughts on this?

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Auto DJ mode

Looks very nice. Perhaps you can add only Songs with a good rating, or you can define a limit for this. So the result is that maybe Songs only with a rating better than 4 would be added.

If you can select Genres that would be only add to the Playlist would be really nice. Maybe with an option in the Music Settings Tab. Here you can choose the Genres. So when you have a Party, you can maybe select only the Genres "House, Rock, Pop". So songs with the Genre Jazz, Ballad etc would't add to the Playlist.

A little bit like the function of the SmartPlaylist Plugin but with a better Gui. A Gui where you can define the Filters..

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Anyone else??? Does anyone actually use the current auto playlist functionality with the audioscrobbler plugin?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    So still very little feedback :(

There is something to try
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/rework-of-last-fm-code.106835/

and I would really like some feedback (in that thread) of how well the Auto DJ mode works. This also does last.fm scrobbling so if anyone is already using the audioscrobbler plugin I would be interested in whether this works with this new code too.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Dude, some how I only saw this post today! I just hate it when good post slips by.... I see it si now in Area 51 - wise move, I think.

I'll be giving this a swing for sure!

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    I will definitely have to test you autoDJ. Just can't promise when I will get around to it atm.

The usage scenario for me is:
    ~ 70% of MP usage is music
    ~ from that 95% is usage of the audioscrobbler playlist feature

I just love this feature and it works very well for me most of the times. I get little drift and usually a great choice of songs from my 25,000 songs collection.

So it will not be easy to get better results ;)

Some features which could possibly improve the existing plugin:

* limit to songs rated 4 or better (+1 to IchbinsShort)
    * limit to certain genres (although mine are still a mess)
    * limit songs to multiple criteria (80s, rock, rated 4 or better). From these the limit to a certain decade would be most interesting.

But if you manage to get an equal quality for AutoDJ without the need of an last.fm account, this will definitely ease the use of the feature and just work out-of-the-box for everyone.

tomtom

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I guess there is a difference between what I consider an auto DJ mode and smart playlists.

For starters I want something that is simple to configure and works for those without a last.FM account. The issue with smart playlists is they need user input and this gets complicated!

I guess this is what the audio scrobbler plugin does now (more or less)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use the scrobble functionality a lot, i had not seen your thread. Wil try and provide feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom