Auto refresh rate change (1 Viewer)

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Obviously MP works like a treat changing refresh rates with Films and TV and I love the fact that I can launch Steam Big Picture in MP to play videogames BUT normally MP is at 50hz and Videogames on my TV run best at 60hz. Is there a way of MP automatically changing the refresh rate to 60hz when I launch Steam as normally I have to manually go into CCC and change?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why don't you run your PC at 60 Hz by default and let the ViewModeSwitcher adjust frequencies for TV and movie sources, which would then play at 25/50 Hz?

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks guys for taking the time to post. The issue is 90% of the time we are watching Live TV which is perfect as its at 50hz, when we watch a film MP auto switches to 24hz, which again is perfect, afterwards if I switch back to live TV MP switches back to 50hz. But when I click on 'start steam' there is no auto switch to 60hz and thus I have to boot CCC and force the PC to display at 60hz, reboot MP and 'start steam' then all is good. After my gaming session I can navigate MP back to Live TV and it auto switches to 50hz.

So I'm asking for a way to force MP/the PC to switch to 60hz as soon as I press 'start steam' within MP - is this possible?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No there is not. But if you set default refresh rate to 60Hz then it's always going to be 60Hz when you aren't watching any video material.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Use DisplayChanger command line tool in a batch script that finishes by running steam.exe? I do something like this for 3D films and TMT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom