Auto select good channel using multiple tuners

Discussion in 'General Support' started by jeffj9930, December 19, 2012.

1. jeffj9930

jeffj9930 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Can anyone tell me if MP will select the good signal from one of multiple tuners?

I will have 2 hauppauge 2250 cards so 4 tuners total. Each card will have a separate antenna and receive certain channels.

Tuner1&2 channels A, C, D
    Tuner3&4 channels B, E, F

Will MP choose Tuner1&2 if channel A needs recording? Or is it random and may possibly select Tuner3&4? And therefore not record.

Jeff

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. onelegend
    • Premium Supporter

onelegend MP Donator

Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I believe it will select it via the order set in tv server config (you can order and set the priority there)

You can assign specific channels to tuners also

4. TLD

TLD Portal Pro

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    You can set tuner priority in the TV server configuration. 1 is the lowest priority then MP will use the highest priority card with the channel mapped to it unless it's busy then MP will select the next tuner with the channel mapped to it and so on.

See here: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...uration/TV-Server_Configuration/02_TV_Servers

Don't forget to set your hauppauge 2250 cards up as hybrid cards.

See here: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...er_Configuration/02_TV_Servers/1_Hybrid_Cards

Last edited: December 19, 2012
  5. RonD
    • Team MediaPortal

RonD Test Group

semi-pro slacker
    Ratings:
    +275 / 0
    Home Country:
    Jeff

If you use TV Server Config -> TV Mapping, you should be able to assign specific channels to tuners. See the following wiki
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Server_Configuration/03_TV_Channels/2_Mapping

For my system I set some channels to dedicated HDHR tuners and set my 2250 tuner for all channels. In TV Servers, I set the priority for the HDHR tuners as "high" priority so the TV Server selects those tuners 1st for the enabled channels, and set the 2250 tuner as "low" priority so the TV Server will use those tuners for any channels if the HDHR tuners are already busy. You can tweak how you allocate tuners/priority.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!