Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (1 Viewer)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Marcus, question from a non-coder: Do you need it continuously running? Maybe it can be run ones from MP config and then killed after it has imported all the necessary info in MP database?

B

BassFan

hmm after compile release of UPnP.dll (VST 2012)
    i have a big difference between available UPnP.dll and mean
    your 181 > mean 264 KB
    sorry i can not check what changed between this.

any changed or remove from MP Developer here ?

greets

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @wouter1971: Constantly running is the concept of UPnP. A device can appear/disappear and devices send notifications. Maybe I could do some minimal UPnP for my special purpose, but for the moment I'm still trying to get a full solution working...

@Sebastiii: I already started to play with the managedupnp library, but it's based on Microsoft UPnP which is COM based. From my experiences with COM in the last years, I always hesitate using it, because reference counting in COM can be very painful. The COM interop in .net makes it sometimes even worse, because .net uses wrappers around COM objects which sometimes leads to a combination of the worst of both worlds. ;) I can remember manually forcing objects with FinalReleaseCOMObject (the hard way), because stuff was not released properly for unknown reasons.

But I will at least try it to see if it leaks or not.

"Will it leak?" sounds like "Will it blend?" :ROFLMAO: (Search on "Will it blend?" on YouTube and you know what I mean)

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    For sure we need something to be fixed :)
    btw, i find now my samsung TV, it was the Wifi link that i need to resetup lol. (I didn't do more test because of running some other test and also because UPnP.dll don't want to be nice lol)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @wouter1971 : After thinking over your idea, it would solve some problems. I've already written an SSDP implementation for the LG test and the LG part has already primitive code for sending and receiving data (for the UDAP protocol) which I could reuse. So I will at least check if it is possible. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom