Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (1 Viewer)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yesterday I got my new LF 55LA6608 and I had my first 3d experience. What should I say, this plugin works aout of the box with no configuration 1+

many Thanks!

BR
    JuRo

Told you so ;-)

All credits to Marcus!
    I know he has been working very hard on the Auto3D plugin these last days. :)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Marcus,
    Just a picture of the results after you fixed the bug in core.dll
    4.1ms-4.3ms the whole 3D movie and zero dropped frames after 153500 frames.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389207889.692663.jpg

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you Wouter!

So it's time to move on. I have prepared a new version of the Auto3D plugin that contains all changes I made after the MediaPortal 1.6 version was released.

The ZIP contains also a replacement for 2 MediaPortal files "Core.dll" and "MediaPortal.exe" (Please backup your original files!).

Auto3D_1.6_post.zip

The following was fixed:

- ViewModeSwitcher corrections for 3D TAB movies (previous corrections had a bug)
    - Fixed support for Panasonic TV (was broken in first 1.6 plugin because of my own UPnP support which had a bug)
    - Fixed memory leak in Auto3D which caused low frame rates and frame drops after some time and MediaPortal hung when trying to exit

And there is a new feature: :)

- DiVine support for Philips TVs 2011 and newer with special 3D key on the remote!

With the help of @Crovean - who did a lot of testing for me - I added support for the Philips TVs with the special "3D" key on the remote.
    This was often requested by many users and I don't know how often I tried to get this working in the past, but always failed.

But now it is working!

I hope I didn't break the support for the 2010 TVs with DiVine, because the 2011 and newer TVs use a bit different internal calls.

Just the command list for the Philips TV must be created new, as the current one only works with my own Philips who supports jointSpace.

If there is a problem with the older models I would have to add a switch to be able to switch between 2010/201x models, so it would be great if any owner of a 2010 model that supports DiVine could test it and tell me if DiVine still works.

Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @Sebastiii,
    please wait a few days. I mixed some stuff in my current master, because I have forgotten to switch to the correct branches for the different fixes.
    And I don't know if I have correctly updated my MePo-fork to the latest MePo changes, because I do this so rarly, that I might have made some mistakes.

I will inform you when everything is OK.

kuku

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    Hello,
    First off thank you for this excellent plugin. I would like to request a feature. I have a Panasonic ST50 TV. Unfortunately, its 3D auto detection does not work very well. I would like to force it to select the 3D modes (SBS or TAB) manually. But for that I have to press the red button on the TV remote. Currently the red button is missing from the plugin's config of the Panasonic models. Would it be possible to add the red button to the config?

Thanks in advance.

kuku

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    Wow, that was quick! Thank you very much.

Unfortunately I am having some issues. When I insert the red button in the Config, it does indeed trigger the manual 3D selection menue, but after that something goes wrong - the plugin does not execute the commands that follow. If I test the sequence within the Config, once it reaches the red button, the Auto3D Sequence Manager gives me an unhandled exception error

Edit: OK, I managed to fix it myself. I edited the Panasonic.xml file. In the Commands section, I added the following entry:

<CommandItem>
    <Command>Red</Command>
    <Delay>400</Delay>
    </CommandItem>

This seems to do the trick. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Norman E. Spaulding

Portal Member
    February 24, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a Sony Bravia XBR55X850A (Ultra 4K). So far, no 3D. The remote has a 3D button, and I chose SBS, but I( always get the screen flickering with 2 images.
    When I attempt to configure Auto3D plug in, (MP 1.6), the tab that shows "Sony TV" has a "register" function. Even though that tab shows an IP value, when I click "register" it comes back with "Object Not Found."
    Also, I did the Auto3D upgrade that was posted a week or so ago, but was the CORE.DLL copied over automatically, or should I copy that over myself. If so, where would it go? (it sounds like a very fundamental file for MP, not just Auto3D).
    Thanks,
    Norm
    Update: After a little searching, I went ahead and replaced the MP Core.dll with the one downloaded in the Auto3D update. Media Portal starts, then goes to a complete black/dark screen and stays that way. The only thing that shows up is the mouse pointer. I had to go to Task Manager to end it. (Windows 7 64 bit PC). I foolishly did not rename the original core.dll to core-old or something. Now I am re-installing MP 1.6. My bad, but I am now hesitant to do anything to the core.dll that comes with the MP 1.6...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom