Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (3 Viewers)

andy_328

Portal Pro
November 19, 2014
Home Country
Austria Austria
what a mess, means that everthing has to create from the beginning?

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @tony3ridge : The problem with Samsung is, that I'm using a native C++ DLL from Samsung which does everything to find/connect/send commands with Samsung TVs. I've just written a wrapper for that DLL. When you go into the MediaPortal configuration, does you TV appear in the combo box "TVs in Network"?

Did you manage to find an answer for my current tv?
    Regards

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @wouter1971: I stretched a 21:9 TAB movie with the "Zoom" Menu, and everything seems to be OK.

NoZoom.jpg Zoom.jpg

Are you using the "Zoom" option from the menu?

@tony3ridge: I've rewritten the connection code but some tests shown, that the problems remained. Is it possible to control your TV with this plugin:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...iaportal-v1-3-0-or-higher.108567/#post-872316

It seems to use the same library as mine, but im curious to know if this one works.

@andy_328: The SDK has native support for ANDROID and iOS, but not Windows. There is additional support for Apache Cordova, even there, they only provide support for ANDROID and iOS. :(
    From the github code in the plugin I can see, that they are using SSDP for device recognition and a JSON-Interface for controling it. For communication they seem to use a secure websocket. It would be helpful, if anybody here knows where I can find details about the LG JSON-Interface and how to use it from C#, especially the security stuff. I know it's in the github code, but it would take long time to reverse-engineer that.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @wouter1971: I stretched a 21:9 TAB movie with the "Zoom" Menu, and everything seems to be OK.

View attachment 159437 View attachment 159438

Hi Marcus, i see where the problem is. It's not in pure 21:9 movies but in 21:9 movies with black bars. With SBS movies the zoom after black bars are detected works perfectly but with TAB movies the zoom after black bars are detected is not applied correctly. Don't know if that's an issue in your plug-in or within the viewmodeswitcher plug-in. Hope you can clearify this.

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

View attachment 159437 View attachment 159438

@tony3ridge: I've rewritten the connection code but some tests shown, that the problems remained. Is it possible to control your TV with this plugin:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...iaportal-v1-3-0-or-higher.108567/#post-872316

It seems to use the same library as mine, but im curious to know if this one works.

@andy_328: The SDK has native support for ANDROID and iOS, but not Windows. There is additional support for Apache Cordova, even there, they only provide support for ANDROID and iOS. :(
    From the github code in the plugin I can see, that they are using SSDP for device recognition and a JSON-Interface for controling it. For communication they seem to use a secure websocket. It would be helpful, if anybody here knows where I can find details about the LG JSON-Interface and how to use it from C#, especially the security stuff. I know it's in the github code, but it would take long time to reverse-engineer that.

@Marcus Venturi , I am unable to control my tv from the samsung smart tv plugin supplied, guess my tv isn't supported.Thanks for looking
    Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom