Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (4 Viewers)

andy_328

Portal Pro
November 19, 2014
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi, I just press the 3D key, and then I can choose which mode I need. Just let me know if I can help ok?

thanks

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @andy_328 and @TheBatfink :

After spending the day with reverse engineering, here is the result for testing. I wrote a little app, that tries to communicate with the TV.

Extract the ZIP file and start the App

JSONTester.jpg

Please follow the steps:

1. Enter the IP address of your TV in the text box.
    2 Press the "Pairing" button.
    3. Now a question show appear on your TV (see picture above), confirm with "YES".
    4. If everything was OK so far, then press the "Connect" button.
    5. Press the "Volume+" and "Volume-" buttons and check if they work.
    6. Finally check if the rest of the buttons work.

I got this running with the LG WebOS-TV Emulator. Hope it runs with the TV too. :)

If this works I can continue with the plugin :), if not.... :(

Attachments

• JSONTester.zip
      287 KB

andy_328

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2014
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hi, great its working just perfect..) it seems now you can control everthing now..) Just got already alot of other tought in my mind, once the connection is done..)

well done..)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @andy_328 and @TheBatfink :

In the attachment you find a first test version of the Auto3D plugin for LG TVs with WebOS.

There is also a Core.dll in the ZIP file. Please replace your original Core.dll in the MediaPortal directory with this one (don't forget to backup the original file).

Then install the plugin and start the configuration.

In the configuration you can find now a third LG TV model called "WebOS". Select it, press the "Show pair request on TV" button and then confirm the question on your TV with "YES".

Afterwards you can start to set up the scripts. If it works, please send me a working script for release.
    This should be in the following directory: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Auto3D\LG.XML

Hope it works... :)

Attachments

• Auto3D_LG.zip
      4.2 MB

andy_328

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2014
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,
    firstly thanks for your work. I tried it right now. The TV turn on the 3D mode, but doenst select Side by Side mode.

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have to update the script. Please go into the Auto3D configuration and press the "Config..." button.
    Then insert the commands needed into the "2D > 3DSBS" script. Do the same for the other scripts.

I couldn't provide a script, as the LG WebOS Emulator does not react to the 3D command and therefore I don't know how this menu looks like...

andy_328

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2014
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi, it works as far, but I have a mess when I try to watch furhter movies. What happends when the movies is done, or I leave the movie? where can I programm these steps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom