Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (6 Viewers)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Stéphane Lenclud I am using this plugin for the first time.. so i dont know if its a new issue ;) My TV is a new LG OLED using WEBOS so i thought it was supported using the webos option ;)

Hi rohnfe, i also have an LG OLED WEBOS tv and the WEBOS Auto3D configuration is working fine, but....network connection is mandatory and it looses connection (wifi) most of the time. A hardwire should fix that.

Update: I didn't check if 1.16 pre breaks this.

Last edited:

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    All, i believe that Auto3D-1-15-4-0.mpe1 is the last working version on 1.16 pre-release for me on LG OLED WEBOS.
    The only bug is that when you switch to config mode you first get an error. But after pressing proceed, it all works fine.

I have checked also the newer 1.16 version from a few pages back and that one doesn't switch the GUI back from 3D, so you get stuck in SBS GUI.

@rohnfe : You can copy my LG.xml config file in "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Auto3D", it should work for you too (LG OLED WEBOS) if the TV is paired.

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-31_13-53-26.png
      upload_2016-12-31_13-53-26.png
      14.2 KB
    • LG.xml
      8 KB
    Last edited:

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @wouter1971 Thanks very much for the config file... i will try that ! Unfortunately i dont know how to pair my TV with the plugin cause it seems to crash and not recognzied the ip adress of my TV :(

Update: got it ;) I had to turn on the LG connect Apps feature in the settings on the TV :) Now its paired and i can go on testing.

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But it doesn't switch back to 2D on stop (i think it's normal when using the "No Device" options :p
    Yes that's the expected behaviour for now, I think I tried to explain that a few post earlier. Though it should switch back when closing MP. It should also switch back if you start playing a 2D video source.
    Basically we used to "switch back to 2D as soon as possible" and now we "switch back to 2D when needed".

Switch back to 2D as soon as possible had the following major problem: it tried to switch back to 2D and then back to 3D when switching from one 3D video to another 3D video from Moving Pictures. That could result in two macros running concurrently sending nonsensical commands to your TV depending of the Auto3D device and method you were using.

Switch back to 2D only when needed fixes this issue by making the assumption that there is nothing wrong with being in 3D when no video is playing. This scheme limits the number of mode switch you need to do, thus providing a bug free and smoother experience when switching from one 3D video to another.

Ideally we should make this configurable I guess.

I found the problem I had with MP1.16. It's an issue that was very specific to my setup since I'm probably the only one using a SharpLibDisplay device.
    Basically Auto3D is expecting a newer version of that DLL than the one shipping with MP1.

Here are the changes in MP1.
    Here is the JIRA MP1-4835.

Last edited:

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    The only bug is that when you switch to config mode you first get an error. But after pressing proceed, it all works fine.
    same here with the error message. But I cannot assign MCE remote keys to Auto3D menü anymore, as I could in MP 1.15 (I assign the yellow teletext button).
    Any help appreciated.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    same here with the error message. But I cannot assign MCE remote keys to Auto3D menü anymore, as I could in MP 1.15 (I assign the yellow teletext button).
    Any help appreciated.
    Auto3D v1.16 above is just for MP1.16 pre release and upcoming final release. Keep using earlier version if you are still on MP1.15.

Using a version from the same range as your MP should work just fine.
    I'm on MP1.16 pre-release with matching Auto3D version and the remote key mapping is working just fine here.

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Where i can find the latest Version vor MP 1.15. On the first page i can only find v1.13. On the Extension Installer there is nothing.
    Just walk up that thread from here you will surely find it in one of my posts. Since Marcus is MIA I've been taking over.

I'll need to maintain the first post too I guess.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Auto3D v1.16 above is just for MP1.16 pre release and upcoming final release. ...
    I'm on MP1.16 pre-release with matching Auto3D version.
    Thank you! I did not know there is a v1.16... I tried plugin v1.15 on MP 1.16pre.
    Wouldn`t it be a good idea to start a similar thread like "Auto3D Plugin for MP >1.13" and provide the current version in the first post? It would spare a lot of search through threads 100 pages long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom