Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (6 Viewers)

Crovean

Portal Member
August 21, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
@patrickkrst: Here is a little test utility. Start it and type in the IP-Address of your Philips TV. The press connect.
After that select one of the codes, press send, and check if it does the same as the 3D button of your remote.

The list contains all known and unknown codes. Please check first the code 186. If this one doesn't work you can check all the other available codes (also the unknown ones). :)

UPDATE: In the documents about the RC codes for the 2010 Philips models, they describe not only RC6 codes, but also RC5 and RC3 codes. Perhaps this is the key to a solution.

So if the RC6 codes don't work. I can extend the application, to also send RC3/RC5 codes if necessary.
And now I'm waiting for response from the Philips owners ... :)

This tool doesn´t work. I can´t connect!!!! I have a 55PFL67158 (2013). In Auto3D config the connection is possible. I want to help you to find the 3D button.

edit: wrong ip :) now it works and will test all of the codes

edit: ok i had test all of the codes but no one is for the 3d button

Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you, I already knew the 2 links, but the code RC6 0,186 was not working.
    I will rewrite the tool to be able to send also RC5 codes, because some Philips TVs use RC6 and RC5 codes, then you can test again...

Crovean

Portal Member
    August 21, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!

The 6000, 7000, 8000 and 9000 Phlips Tvs (2012 & 2013) hasn´t an IR Remote! They has an AF Remote. Maybe this can help you.

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the same problems described here Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 / 1.3 / 1.4 / 1.5 (GUI & TV/Beamer) by @Matt Kirby on one of my four machines (OS on all Win7 64bit).

1. AMD Fusion with MP 1.5 Auto3D 1.0.5.1
    working fine.

2. Intel Core2 + NVidia Go 7300
    with MP 1.6 pre Auto3D 1.0.6.1
    working fine.

3. Intel Core2 Duo + NVidia 9300 GE
    with MP 1.6 pre Auto3D 1.0.6.1
    working fine.

but

4. Intel Core i5 MP 1.5 Auto3D 1.0.5.1 not working
    MP 1.6 pre Auto3D 1.0.6.1 not working (clean installation)

Video codec LAV 0.58.2

When configure MP to autodetect "3D SBS" and I start a videofile with "3D SBS" in the file name I can hear only the sound of the movie, but no picture.
    When I press CTRL+D (no autodetect) while a movie plays the sound goes on but the picture freezes.
    When I press CTRL+D while I'm in the MP GUI, MP needs more then 20% CPU and freezes.

It is working now also on the forth PC. The newest driver (2 weeks old) solved the problem.

Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Crovean: I attached a new version of the test utility.

The document in your last post contains some RC5/RC6 codes. Perhaps you should try a RC5 command from that document to see if your TV still uses RC5 commands.

As described in the document, every command consists of 3 Values

Protocol (1=LKB, 2=RC5, 3=RC6), System (for RC6 commands always 0, for RC5 see document) and Code (RC6=0-255, RC5=0-63)

EDIT: Not sure if the System value must be always 0 for RC6 protocol, see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RC-5

Maybe the values for RC5 are still valid for RC6. The system value 3 has the description "Extension to TV1 and TV2". Maybe this is a good hint...

Attachments

• DiVineTest.zip
      168.7 KB
    Last edited:

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Macrus,

i use your MP1.5 zip i can config the Plugin, all works fine in config. My Samsung SmartTV is supported. On my TV it comes a quest if i allow your Plugin. After Close Config and start mp.exe nothing happens. I attached Logfiles, maybe you can help me.

Another thing, when i choose Samsung he shows me an TV UE556500 or so but i have UE65 8090F

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The MediaPortal-Error.log contains:

[2013-12-30 18:15:59,787] [Log ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: "Void MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGraphicsContext.set_Render3DMode(eRender3DMode)".

Looks like you have forgotten to replace some MediaPortal files with my patched versions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom