Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (2 Viewers)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ronsonol wrote:

I've noticed two problems with both v3 and v4. You can check 'if name contains' but it never saves this setting, as the next time back in the config it is unchecked.
    Also, I am trying to configure a sequence for a Samsung UN60ES7100, but it always crashes on me when I want to save the config. I think it is because the directional arrows get added to the list as a blank entry.

That was a bug, will be fixed together with the crash in the next version.

Mickey2Eyes wrote:

I was just wondering if there is a problem with top botom material. I tested with SBS material and everything seems fine while using the Auto3D Plugin. While using TAB material and the Auto3D plugin it seems that the Top half is displayed twice, so there is no 3D effect. Is that possible or is it my error?

You are right, there was no 3D effect. Will be fixed in the next version.

Currently I do rewrite of the code which is 80% finished. In the next version all different devices (Samsung, Philips etc) will be separate sub-plugins which will be loaded by the Auto3D plugin. I have defined simple interfaces, that will enable other developers, to integrate devices. If everything is ready I will post the complete sources.

At least there will be an update with bugfixes this week.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    When you're ready will you be able to provide an MPE Installer and add this awesome plugin to our Downloads Repository? (you will get a LOT more downloads via MPEI)

I'd even recommend a Blog as this is such a great enhancement for MP! (If you are interested just contact @Lyfesaver74 to add it to his next Blog)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    When you're ready will you be able to provide an MPE Installer and add this awesome plugin to our Downloads Repository? (you will get a LOT more downloads via MPEI)

Won't be possible without modifying the MP core - MPEI cannot provide modifications to the core components.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Won't be possible without modifying the MP core - MPEI cannot provide modifications to the core components.

Maybe we should think about getting these changes into our MP core. Only if they are not too risky for sure.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Maybe we should think about getting these changes into our MP core. Only if they are not too risky for sure.

I wrote an MPEI script which replaces the core.dll file with an modified one. The useres of the AtmoLight plugin need a modified core.dll too. One problem i see is that if other plugins need a modified core.dll too (AtmoLight process plugin and maybe one or two other) and the plgin authors havent access to the complete source (for other mods) some plugins wont work with each other. The best way would be to include every needed core changes into "master" core or to get an alternate core file with all the changes some plugins will need. The main core would be the original MP core from MP releases and one modified core which you could install if you are using a plugin which need a modification.

Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I wrote an MPEI script which replaces the core.dll file with an modified one. The useres of the AtmoLight plugin need a modified core.dll too. One problem i see is that if other plugins need a modified core.dll too (AtmoLight process plugin and maybe one or two other) and the plgin authors havent access to the complete source (for other mods) some plugins wont work with each other. The best way would be to include every needed core changes into "master" core or to get an alternate core file with all the changes some plugins will need. The main core would be the original MP core from MP releases and one modified core which you could install if you are using a plugin which need a modification.

We won't be allowing MPEI's (or any other installers) in official MediaPortal download portal that are modifying any core MediaPortal files:

1. We cannot give support on MediaPortal versions that we didn't build
    2. 3rd party modifications can cause unstable MediaPortal - not good for the public image
    3. 3rd party modifications can cause logical conflicts between other plugins

When distributing any content (plugins, extensions, core modifications) MPEI or non-MPEI based following needs to be made sure:

1. MediaPortal.log (or any other relevant log(s)) is/are modified to clearly state the core components being modified so team members can identify such builds without any hasle
    2. Users are clearly notified that they are using a custom MP build and team is not able to give any support if any issues arise (no matter if it is core MP feature, 3rd party plugin or the modified part of core feature)

What comes to getting modifications to MediaPortal itself, we are more than willing to receive development (and testing as well!) contributions. Every proposed change will be evaluated before they can be accepted (code quality, feature importance, willingness to give support for users etc.). Best way to get some new / modified functionality included in MediaPortal code base is to provide a feature that is widely wanted and is implemented in non-plugin specific way.

ps. it would be really good to receive a list of the MPEIs (or other installers) that are in the official extension library so we can remove those to increase the quality MediaPortal users are seeing and to reduce the extra effort that is caused by some extra bug hunting.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Great plugin(y)
    works great for sbs files (v4, detection based on file name "3D SBS" and "3D TAB"). It works faulty with TAB file ("3D TAB"), it detects the 3D mode, corrects GUI as SBS though.
    Is this a bug or do I miss something?

edit: I realized the bug with the unsaved settings, so I guess the filename-based recognition does not work for me, only the analysation method, and this takes time, I only have to wait and the magic happens, TAB incuded.

edit2: yes and with TAb the 3D effect is gone :(

edit3: it crashes MP on close. forced me to uninstall it.

Great plugin, I hope very much that these bugs can be ironed out :)

Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @kszabo: TAB bug (no 3D effect) is known and I already fixed it. The bugs will be ironed out, but that takes time...

@Dadeo: Yes, I will provide an MPE Installer and add the plugin to the Downloads Repository when it's stable enough.

Last edited:

mscherer

February 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Could you try to send an SSDP broadcast in the following format:

Code:
    "M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1\r\n"
    "MX: 10\r\n"
    "ST: urn:schemas-udap:service:netrcu:1\r\n"
    "HOST: 239.255.255.250:1900\r\n"
    "MAN: \"ssdp:discover\"\r\n\r\n"

Take a look at the SSDP reply. In the "netcru" service there should be a command "HandleKeyInput"
    If this works as described it could be possible to write a plugin for LG TVs

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <envelope>
      <api type="command">[/INDENT]
    	  <name>HandleKeyInput</name>[/INDENT]
    	  <value>Value key code of remote Controller</value>[/INDENT]
      </api>[/INDENT]
    </envelope>

Could you check this? Let me know if I should provide some test code.

Hi Marcus

Please let me know if you want to test this in LG TV.
    Send me the test code that I can execute.

I tried your plugin and it is great.

Marui

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom