Auto3D plugin for MediaPortal 1.2 - 1.12 (GUI & TV/Beamer) (6 Viewers)

patrickkrst

Portal Member
October 1, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
First of all: great pugin!
Unfortunately its not (yet) working forme. If got a philips 42pfl7008k/12 which is using a 3d button on the remote control.
There is no way to adjust to 3d mode using the options menu.
I can connect using joint space, can open the options menu using joint space, but it will only be usable if there is a way to send the key similar to the IR command for the 3d button on my remote control.

Anyway to do this? Already tried by editing the config files manually but no luck sofar

edit: just found that its mentioned and discussed before at page 28

Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @patrickkrst : At the moment this is not possible, as I haven't found any key code yet.
    Perhaps you could try to get in contact with the jointSpace developers to get an answer. I already tried this more than once and had no success.
    Perhaps anyone else in this forum knows if there is a way?[DOUBLEPOST=1386974051][/DOUBLEPOST]Update for the UPnP memory leaks:

After some initial tests I decided to go the way @wouter1971 has suggested. I implemented a minimal UPnP framework by myself, just what is necessary for the Auto3D plugin. Device recognition (SSDP) and invoking an action already works.

I think a first test version should be ready in a few days... :)

Last edited:

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A new version of Auto3D for 1.6 Pre is a available. I kicked of the UPnP.dll and replaced it by a self written minimal UPnP-framework, that has only the capabilities the Auto3D plugin needs, i.e. SSDP (device recognition) and invoking an action on a device. :)

Auto3D_1.6pre_5.mpe1

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @patrickkrst: Here is a little test utility. Start it and type in the IP-Address of your Philips TV. The press connect.
    After that select one of the codes, press send, and check if it does the same as the 3D button of your remote.

The list contains all known and unknown codes. Please check first the code 186. If this one doesn't work you can check all the other available codes (also the unknown ones). :)

UPDATE: In the documents about the RC codes for the 2010 Philips models, they describe not only RC6 codes, but also RC5 and RC3 codes. Perhaps this is the key to a solution.

So if the RC6 codes don't work. I can extend the application, to also send RC3/RC5 codes if necessary.
    And now I'm waiting for response from the Philips owners ... :)

Attachments

• DiVineTest.zip
      168.3 KB
    Last edited:

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Marcus, i did some basic checks for correct working of resolving, pairing and 3D switching of my LG 3DTV and it all works like it should. No difference in behaviour. Also the zoom 21:9 to 16:9 is working but that was not affected by your change but i had to check it ;)
    I see no memory/cpu issues, but will check more thoroughly tomorrow.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

It's really better :)
    No more CPU usage, i get some memory usage (for example, stay on share on myvideo and MP take some memory) but not sure if related to the plugins.
    So i will test more :)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In my tests over 2 hours playing music I noticed no significant memory usage. Only variations of +/- 500K which happened after a new track started. After some time the memory went back to the original value again.

Compared to the original UPnP.dll my code is very simple. I will checkin the changes to GitHub. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom