Automated tv episode torrent downloader? (1 Viewer)

extre248

Portal Member
January 23, 2012
Home Country
Just wondering how other MP users are handling their TV episode downloads?

I am still manually searching and downloading TV episodes weekly and then adding them to a specific directory on my mediaportal network drive, they are then scanned by MP-TVSeries plug-in and appear under the correct listing in MP-TVSeries library.

Is there a plugin available that i can setup to automatically search a torrent site weekly for specific tv series or new tv episodes and then have them automatically downloaded to a specific directory on my htpc so that MP-TVSeries can add them to my library?

I would love to automate the task as it can be quite time consuming when trying to keep up with everything we watch each week :)[DOUBLEPOST=1361890738][/DOUBLEPOST]Looks like downloadcentral might be what im after?

RivaSA

Portal Member
June 24, 2009
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
This is what I use.

For stand alone and simple try Torrent Episode Downloader (TED). This will search from a list of TV-Series and drop the torrent file into your given torrent downloader watched folder based on next released date, file size and file popularity. Very easy and works quite well.

For a better tool use Coachpotato for Movies and Sickbeard for TV-Series. Awesome tools. There is a lot more to setup but they do a lot more too like:
  • Manage TV-Series and Movies.
  • Find missing episodes.
  • Rename into your given format.
  • Move to the correct folders.
Like I said, very good.

Have a play, I am sure you will be very happy.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Migrating from WMC DE
Hi. Network tuners can be shared even on the same PC (done it often while testing different software, I'm using SAT>IP tuner that are similar to hdhomerun tuner but for European DVB). But you can not use them on both systems at the same time ofc.. Means if WMC is using a tuner (e,g, for a scheduled recording) MP can't use the same...
Hi. Network tuners can be shared even on the same PC (done it often while testing different software, I'm using SAT>IP tuner that...
I have been running Windows Media Centre happily for years on Win 7 Pro, more recently with EPG123 as an intermediary providing...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom