Automating "XMLTV GUI" Data Grabbing (1 Viewer)

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello Chaps,

Using Robo100's excellent guide I now have MP1.5 running fine. The only fly in the ointment is auto updating, I have checked under Windows scheduled tasks which I have set to run at 03.00 hrs & it reports as running successfully. But it does not seem to import in to the actual TV guide in MP 1.5, why?

Under MPTV server config/Powershceduler/EPG tab I have set the grab to start at 03.00 hrs each day & ticked wake up the computer for EPG grabbing & the box do not put the computer to sleep while grabbing EPG, but should this all be disabled? I am still a rather confused newbie.

Thanks for any help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I take it you're not able to use the "remote" tab in the XMLTV plugin?
    Have you ticked "import new tvguide.xml" on the "general" tab in the XMLTV plugin?

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Thank you that will be it, & yes I can access the remote tab in XMLTV plugin. I had put a tick in the XMLTV import new guide but I had not enabled remote tab. I have now enabled it & put in the url line http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/channels.dat. It is currently downloading just to see that it works, thanks again for your help :)

Seems to have worked, just restarted MP client & all is there in the schedule. Does this mean I do not need to have a windows scheduled task to download the TV guide? That the remote tab in TVserver XMLTV remote will do it for me?

Last edited:

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Hello Chaps again,

blow & bother it is not downloading the XMLTV, I don't know why :(

The TV server config/ XMLTV plugin on the lower status report shows that "File transfer at 17/10/13 8.45, Transfer status - transfer timed out." I have set it to download & transfer at 3.00 in the morning, could this be the issue that the Radio Times server is not available at 3.00 in the morning? As per the excellent guide by Robo100 I have set a windows schedule task to wake up & grab the listings also at 3.00 in the morning. Maybe because I have them set at the same time they are clashing, any ideas please?

With MP 1.5 perhaps I do not need to set a windows schedule task?

Thanks,

Lacanox

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom