Autotune not finding channel 9 yet Winfast Software is?? (1 Viewer)

Greystorm

March 11, 2006
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2500+
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: nVidia-nForce2
TV Card Model: Leadtek WinFast DTV 1000T
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: 4.0.107.3204
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce 6200 (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 720x576
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

I am located in Brisbane, Australia and have just installed Media Portal with a Winfast DTV 1000T card. The Winfast DTV software detects and plays all channels fine, however Media Portal doesn't detect Channel 9 at all during Auto Tune.

I'm also not sure what parameters to use to add it manually. ScanChannelsBDA.exe doesn't find 9 or SBS but they show up in Winfast DTV?

Anyone know what is going wrong?

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Using this site to find the frequencies for television in Brisbane
http://www.dba.org.au/index.asp?sectionID=22
gives me:
7 - 177.5 MHz
9 - 191.625 MHz
10 - 219.5 MHz
ABC - 226.5 MHz
SBS - 585.625 MHz

I don't know if you can use this to help you, if ScanChannelsBDA didn't find Nine or SBS, there must be something strange going on. How is your reception strength/quality.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Greystorm said:
    ScanChannelsBDA.exe doesn't find 9 or SBS but they show up in Winfast DTV?
    It sounds like your TV reception for those 2 channels is marginal - and it was just adequate when you ran WinfastDTV, but had deteriorated when you ran ScanChannelsBDA. That's the only explanation I can think of..... :?

If you do a fresh scan with both applications, as close together as possible, do you still get different results?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Also try setup/tv/tvcard/edit/autotune, seems to be a difference at the moment, MP/Settings/TV does not always pick up all channels from my experience, which also links into original install search, which has only found TV channels at all since the beginning of march CVS.

8)

Greystorm

March 11, 2006
    Ok, I did a new scan with the Winfast DTV and it found all the channels in a few seconds.

Media Portal still doesn't find channel 9. No problems with 9 reception either, very solid in Winfast DTV.

I actually found that doing scans from within media portal caused it to become unresponsive, so I've been using the setup utility to do them which at least completed, though it didn't find 9.

Maybe this is a sign of another problem?

How do I put the CVS code on? I've not done that before. I'm using the release candidate 2 from December 18. Sounds like the latest code might help? Edit: Found by searching the forum (eventually!). Will try the latest CVS on a clean install of MP.

Greystorm

March 11, 2006
    Here's what I've now done:

Installed 11 March 06 CVS. No luck. Note that SBS and 9 are not showing up now!

Edited the xml file defining frequencies to only those that were found by Winfast DTV (to speed up the auto tuning). No luck doing repeated tunes.

Changed the offset within the xml to 167 like the UK. Now 9 and SBS were found! Tested 9 within MP, plays fine, not looked at SBS yet.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Greystorm said:
    Changed the offset within the xml to 167 like the UK.
    If you know the exact frequencies, and you enter them into the dvbt.xml file, then you can set the offset value to 0 and it should work perfectly.

I would be interested to know if an offset of 0 works for you, as this problem of MediaPortal tuning to the wrong frequencies has been around for many months, and I have not been able to get the Developers to acknowledge it as a bug.... :(

Greystorm

March 11, 2006
    I ended up trying all different frequencies and found one quite a bit higher than the published freq for 9 was closer to the middle of the working range. Odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom