autotune only working with diseqc none/simpleA (1 Viewer)

tom1502

Portal Pro
October 4, 2004
Speyer
Home Country
Germany Germany
My diseqc settings are Level 1A/A, but setup4pc still is showing none...

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    your logs are realy weird. it seems that something happend during the installation of your drivers.

please uninstall the driver and the whole software that comes with the drivers and install the latest version of the SS2 drivers after that. ::download::

also remove your SS2 in MediaPortal setup and add it again before you test it again.

use the latest svn-snapshot and dont forget to execute start.bat

attach logs from the next test please.

:D for testing :)

++edit++
    there is a rar file in the log.zip file (missed that one ;) ), seems that MP can not get a look on some transponders

If you are tuning to Astra19,2E (like i do) it must work.
    If you only have one LNB on your sat dish, diseqc "none" or "simpleA" must do it.

If you have been playing around with the settings in setup4PC than can cause some issues.
    just uninstall it, delete all old files and install it again.

tom1502

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2004
    Speyer
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well but then it happend two times!!!

At first, i had a workin MP installation, about 2 months old, i installed RC4(comin from RC2) and i didnt change anything hw/drivers.

Then the problem occured. After searching the forums and asking on IRC, i reinstalled Windows. same shit again!

The problem is that MediaPortal does not recognize the diseqc settings!!!
    Ask EriSan, he discovered the same! Try it out. go to the setup choos Level 1A/A p.e. (what i need) and check in status window of Setup4PC while scanning which diseqc it is using. here it always says "None", no matter what i choose, except Simple A what worx. BUT I NEED LEVEL 1A/A!!!!!
    Please try it out!

By the way, DVBViewer works perfect, and while watching any channel, in setup4PC it says under diseqc: 1A/A! So it cannot be the driver, it IS MediaPortal! Try yourself if the diseqc settings work for you. By the way: MediaPortal Setup does not recognize Diseqc settigns until reboot of the setup, another little bug :)
    If you tried out and tell me for you work all diseqc settings, ill try to reinstall the driver, but i am quite sure thats not the problem!

Btw: i HAVE NOT BEEN PLAYING AROUND WITH SETUP4PC, I JUST USED IT TO CHECK WHAT MP IS TELLING THE CARD TO DO!
    tom

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    tom1502 said:
    Try it out. go to the setup choos Level 1A/A p.e. (what i need) and check in status window of Setup4PC while scanning which diseqc it is using. here it always says "None", no matter what i choose, except Simple A what worx. BUT I NEED LEVEL 1A/A!!!!!

i am just tring to elimitate all possible sources for this issue (i.e. settings in setup4PC) because it seems that you are tuning to Astra 19.2E (like i do) and it works fine here.

you said simplaA works, but you need Level1A/A. can you tell me why please?

I have one quadLNB here tuning to Astar19,2E, i must use Diseqc "none" or "SimpleA" (which is the same, technically) or i wont get any channel.

In the meantime i will try to get in contact with EriSan. maybe you two have found a new bug :)

btw. to avoid Windows reinstallations is suggest to create a image of a clean windows installation. :)

tom1502

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2004
    Speyer
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi infinityloop, id suggest to meet on IRC or ICQ, then we could do this in german, and directly exclude problems dont ya think so?
    Ill be on the next few minutes, and tonight starting at around 20:30...
    if you want to, just come to #mediaportal ond EFNet ;-)

tom

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    tom1502 said:
    id suggest to meet on IRC or ICQ, then we could do this in german
    good idea :)

i will be online from 07:00 to 18:00 Monday-Friday. irc nick: i-loop
    dont have time today. Mother's Day, you know ;)

tom1502

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2004
    Speyer
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    NO TIME???

tststs what can be more important than MediaPortal.... ahhh ur i-loop, i am tom1502 :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    EriSan reported that he also has troubles with the diseqc settings.

SimpleA, SimpleB is working, but MP seems to have issues with the other Levels.

Even if autotune works, MP seems to loose diseqc settings after some time.

this needs further investigation.

I can not test it because i only have one LNB here, we need more users with 2 or more LNBs to test this issue.

Koschel is currently testing it.

tom1502

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2004
    Speyer
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What did i say??!?! :)

I can test it tooo, but i also gonna clean and readjust the dish 2 !!! :D
    If u want me to test sth, just tell me!

tom

tom1502

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2004
    Speyer
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    INFORMATION-UPDATE:

a user with infinite kindness(in a loop :) ) provided me a working TV and radio Database... now o can say that MP is correctly using the diseqc settigns correct withing the main program!
    So wrong diseqc handling in Setup(autotune), but correct within Main Program!

cheers, tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom