AutoUpdate the "user group rules"? (1 Viewer)

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, how can the rules updated? Why it does not do it automatically (when starting MP)?

Example: I create a rule that all movies with the title contains "3D" are in a group. But when i add movie in my folder it would not be updated....

Bild1.png
    Bild2.png
    Bild3.png
    Bild4.png

When i click the button "run and save rule" the new movie will be added, but it should be done automatically.... Is there a way to do this?

Bild5.png

Last edited:

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Just need to know something, you mean when add new movie into your shared folder (without movie scan) rule is not applied or after scan new movie and adding it into database rule is not auto applied after scan?

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    even if i click on "update database on selected shaares" the new movie will not shown in the categorie. The movie is recognize in the Database correctly. Only when i click the button "run and save rule" it will be shown.
    I dont know how moving pictures is monitoring all changes of the database, but it is working verry good :).

Last edited:

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Created rule is executed automatically only after movie scan (when adding new movie into database). It doesn't work on edit database (except if it is executed like you did with Run & Save rule).

As this UserGroups AutoRule option is experimental, it's little bit raw designed and triggered only on movie-scan for now. Ofc, there is plenty room to expand this and any suggestion (user case) is welcome.

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I dont know how moving pictures is monitoring all changes of the database, but it is working verry good :). Maybe you can ask fforde and his team how they done this. Every change (move movies to another dir, rename files or add new ones) is automatically recognized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom