Avallanche - Old version for MP1.3 and earlier (3 Viewers)

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    THANK YOU! :)

Had a quick look. The info on the left is hard to read with lighter backgrounds, so an idea is to make the transparent background go the whole width. Icon view need some attention, the icons (when you have many videos) is to low.

But for a start this was exellent :)

Agreed...it still needs a lot of work.

I would like to get it looking like the original layout...... Screenshot_1.png......Screenshot_2.png......Screenshot_3.png ......which I think looks better and gives a lot more room for info.

Odd thing is that if you now copy the "mvCentral.xml" from the "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Avallonis" folder and paste it into the "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Avallonis\Themes\Avallanche" folder while MP is still running you will get the above view.

However, if you then shut down MP and run it again mvCentral doesn't load properly...so there's obviously something wrong somewhere. If you (or anyone else) knows the reason for this it could save me a lot of time...there's quite a few files to sift through.

I'll have to load mvCentral with loads of videos to replicate the problem you have with the "icon" view.

Last edited:

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi, got it working, but had to manually install the font. Sorry to see it doesn't have norwegian letters ÆØÅ :( Any way to fix that?

I have now added the letters of the Nordic and German-speaking countries.
    You have to install the font manually until I have found why the installation of the font becomes corrupt when installing it using mpe1

Great!

I also think that the fonts are a little bold, is it possible to make them thinner (like in Avallonis basic/white theme)?

Now there is a normal and a bold font.[DOUBLEPOST=1361627523][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yes, that works as well :) awesome work thanks very much. Are you planning to include the clear art as well for when the video is running ?

Done :)

Last edited:

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    There is a problem with the text (filename under the icons) now in icon view (myVideo) the text is placed all the way to the right so that it's only the first letters in the filename that shows, could you plaese try to fix that?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    About the infopane in TV - plans to rework this too? I know it's anoying always to reffer to XBMC (but they do a lot things right) - but having the info more like they do would be sort of nice. Is this info a specific XML - I wanted to have a look but could find it ...

And - Generall - since avallonis the Homemenue Items are shifted to the left (so the active menue is not in center)

Last edited:

Chluz

Portal Member
    April 20, 2011
    Thanks, new clear art looks awesome, there are some tiny issues with the dvd logo being behind the show summary, and the show summary sometimes overlapping the right hand side art, but nothing major. Thanks so much for this the it makes everthing so much more awesome!

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    About the infopane in TV - plans to rework this too? I know it's anoying always to reffer to XBMC (but they do a lot things right) - but having the info more like they do would be sort of nice. Is this info a specific XML - I wanted to have a look but could find it ...

And - Generall - since avallonis the Homemenue Items are shifted to the left (so the active menue is not in center)

Hi @pur_berger,

Being loyal to MediaPortal it's hard to visualize what you'd like to change in the infopanel without a graphic or screenshot.

I remember you mentioning the Home menu items being off-center before (I never took much notice of it until you mentioned it and then it started annoying the hell out of me) and I did play around with it but without much success because of the way the xml is written at present. However, I do have a "workaround" that I am using presently that is more "tricking the eye" into thinking everything is central rather than it being so and I'm pretty happy with the results for now. I've attached the xml...so give it a go and see what you think.

Regards.

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
      68.2 KB

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ;) sorry for pointing your eye to this ...

There is the MP vs XBMC thread where a screeshot is posted - and - I'm loyal too - but have the Rasbmc running to see what others an do ;)

maybe it's my setup - but now the info pane uses much space for little info

something else - any idea why the first time I open your XML with notepad its without any formating so I need to open it one time in wordpad and save it and afterwards it's fine in notepad again?

Last edited:

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Has anyone taken a look at the skin mod for RadioTime that I posted in the Avallonis thread? It needs something to get it to work with Avalanche properly. The hidden menu items don't all display the correct button texture on my system, and I am stumped. I think it would look good in Avallanche, except for that one thing. It also doesn't have the sliding buttons that Avallonis uses in other screens. Go ahead and use it as a starting point if you want to finish the mod.

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    ......;) sorry for pointing your eye to this......

I'm either getting old or my eyes need testing!

......There is the MP vs XBMC thread where a screeshot is posted - and - I'm loyal too - but have the Rasbmc running to see what others an do ;)............

I've learned something new...never knew that was out there...interesting.

......maybe it's my setup - but now the info pane uses much space for little info......

Doubt it...unless you have some odd screen resolution setup...otherwise they should all be the same.

......something else - any idea why the first time I open your XML with notepad its without any formating so I need to open it one time in wordpad and save it and afterwards it's fine in notepad again?......

Must have something to do with the software (Liquid XML) I use for editing.

P.S. Without going through all the files I don't know which specific one is for the infopane...maybe @corporate_gadfly can give you this info as they are his files.[DOUBLEPOST=1361734230][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Has anyone taken a look at the skin mod for RadioTime that I posted in the Avallonis thread? It needs something to get it to work with Avalanche properly. The hidden menu items don't all display the correct button texture on my system, and I am stumped. I think it would look good in Avallanche, except for that one thing. It also doesn't have the sliding buttons that Avallonis uses in other screens. Go ahead and use it as a starting point if you want to finish the mod.

Hi @2BitSculptor,

Can you post a link to the file and I'll have a go after I've finished the xmls for mvCentral...which is a bit of a mess at the moment and taking far longer to sort than I thought.

Also @Micropolis has very kindly updated Screen Control this weekend after I requested him to include more voice recognition commands for the "home menu" items and a hyperlink for voice recognition system training...so hopefully Avallanche will be one of the first skins to be (almost) fully controlled by voice commands...but I obviously have to modify the xmls to suit...so I'm being kept busy this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom