Avallonis and MCE remote - important buttons are not mapped?

Discussion in 'Avalon' started by gnavox, December 18, 2012.

1. gnavox

gnavox Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi.

I just changed from Avalon to Avallonis this weekend. However, I quickly realized that some of the most important buttons on my MCE remote did not work in the skin.

Layout of a standard MCE remote:
    http://www.oneweb.co.uk/mythtv/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/mce-remote.jpg

The "Back" button, the "Interactive TV red button" and the "Info" button - just to name those of which I am aware now - are not mapped or work differently than is the case in the regular Avalon skin. I fixed the "Back" button myself by remapping it to the "ESC" key on the keyboard, as I found out, that I could use the "ESC" key to move backwards to the main menu. But what about the other buttons? Have the skin not been tested with the MCE remote?

Best regards.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 404

404 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +34 / 1
    Probably of no help to you but I can confirm both of my MCE remotes worked perfectly with Avallonis.....No remapping needed

4. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,849 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    I've used my MCE compatible remote with avallonis , no problems with info/back button. As far as I know changing the skin shouldn't change the function of the back / info buttons.

Last edited: December 24, 2012

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!