avermedia hybrid cant create graph! (1 Viewer)

monkeeman

December 21, 2005
Hi, im new to this forum and need some help

I have the avermedia hybrid dvb card and cant get it working in mediaportal

the card is listed when chosing a device but chosing it brings up a "cant create graph" dialogue. also auto tune is unsupported on this device.

any help would be really appreciated

many thanks
pete

benwaterson

December 10, 2005
Hi There. The newer Avermedia driver (for the A16AR) changes the device id from the one listed in the current CaptureCardDefinitions.xml.

The entry that works for me is :

<capturecard commercialname="AVerMedia A16A DVB-T" capturename="AVerMedia BDA Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_2c001461&amp;rev_d1">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"></capabilities>
<tv>
<interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"></interface>
<filters>
<filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="tunerdevice" name="AVerMedia BDA DVBT Tuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="capture" name="AVerMedia BDA Digital Capture" checkdevice="true"></filter>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

Try this in the XML file and see if it works for you.

Cheers

Ben

monkeeman

December 21, 2005
wow!

cool!

whata forum this is..such a fast response!

Ben,,, cheers mate.
I was about to give up and go to bed, saw your post tried it and bosh
its now autoscanning the cannels in
fingers crossed this has done the trick

cheers mate!

pete

benwaterson

December 10, 2005
Hi Pete

Glad you have had success with it!

Took me a while to work it myself, so its cool that I can share the info with someone else.

It is a brilliant piece of software - well worth spending the time to play around with it.

Give me a shout if you need any more help.

(its 2am here so off to bed)

Cheers

Ben

monkeeman

December 21, 2005
help!

hi again.

right its all tuned in, but my gosh its slow to change channels!
any ideas?

once again thanks for any help

eflier01

November 20, 2008
CaptureCardDefinitions.xml

Where do i put this CaptureCardDefinitions.xml because it looks like it won't be loaded when i start tv-service.
My avermedia hibride is still not working. No tv-channels at all. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom