Avermedia Polaris and Mediaportal - unable to configure (1 Viewer)

dbsevern

March 3, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I am a complete newbie at setting up mediaportal/tv service, so apologies if my question is stupid or obvious. I am trying to configure mediaportal to work with the inbuilt AVermedia tv card on my Lenovo A540. Whenever I try to configure the TV-server or scan with the tuner card, it just hangs and doesn't appear to do anything, and I eventually have to kill the task off. I have also tried to configure other TV servers/PVR, and have had no success with any of them, so assume there is something basic I am missing, but I have been round the houses installing and uninstalling various pieces of software. Mediaportal looks like the best of the bunch to me, so I am determined to get it working - any suggestions what I might be missing. Are there any logs I can provide with might give a clue. Any help you can offer would be gratefully received.

dbsevern

March 3, 2015
Home Country
Hi Vasilich. The tuner works with the associated AVermedia TV viewer software, and also managed to scan and view with Sichbo PVR. I have uninstalled the AVermedia viewer, in case that was causing a conflict. I have attached the logs from the last attempt I made at scanning - as before it did not actually seem to scan or find anything.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello dbsevern

That's a weird problem you've got on your hands there!

I've never seen anything quite like this before. I'm not 100% sure what the problem is, but it appears like your laptop has some kind of issue with the registered DirectShow devices or codecs. Or maybe the tuner driver is not installed correctly. I say that because TV Server is able to detect your tuner, but not load it... which is extremely odd.

I'm not really sure how to go about resolving this, but first please can you:
    1. Uninstall the tuner driver.
    2. Restart the laptop.
    3. Download and (re)install the latest tuner driver from AVerMedia's website.
    4. Restart the laptop.
    5. Make sure all other TV software - AVerTV, Sichibo PVR... whatever else you've installed - is closed/stopped.
    6. Try to scan again.
    7. Post fresh log files.
    I'd just like to be 100% certain that the correct drivers are installed and operating correctly, and that no other software could be interfering.

Regards,
    mm

dbsevern

March 3, 2015
    Home Country
    mm, thanks for taking a look - kind of glad it is not obvious, don't feel so stupid. I have followed the steps you suggested, and have had another go this morning, but same result as far as I can see. Logs attached.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks (y)
    Yeah, unfortunately it still looks the same.
    Could you please install the attached patch and post log files again. The patch won't fix the problem, but it will give us more information about exactly what is going wrong.
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the "manual control" section.
    3. Click "stop service".
    4. Close TV Server configuration.
    5. Open Windows Explorer.
    6. Navigate to the TV Server install directory (default c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server).
    7. Backup the TVLibrary.dll file.
    8. Download and extract the attached TVLibrary.dll into the TV Server install directory to replace the standard version.
    9. Open TV Server configuration (click "yes" to start the TV service).
    10. Attempt to scan.
    11. Post/attach log files again in the same way as you've done before.

Thanks for your persistence. :)

Attachments

• TVLibrary [AVerMedia Polaris graph build debug].zip
      207.5 KB

dbsevern

March 3, 2015
    Home Country
    Followed the steps, the server seems to take a long time to stop and then received an exception on trying to restart the server. Did a reboot and this allowed the server to restart. I have attached logs from the first restart (with exception) and the second attempt and attempted scan.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Perfect, thanks! (y)

The second set of logs tell me that the problem is happening when we try to connect the tuner to the network provider filter. That's techno-babble, I know... so here's some instructions that I hope will solve the problem.
    1. Reboot again [to work around the TV Server deadlock that has been happening, which is the reason why you weren't able to stop the server and got the exception after a long time].
    2. Open TV Server configuration.
    3. Go to the tuner list.
    4. Select and edit the tuner settings for the AVerMedia Polaris DVB-T tuner.
    5. Change "preferred network provider" to "DVBT".
    6. Click "save".
    7. Go to the "manual control" section.
    8. Click "stop service".
    9. Swap back to the original TVLibrary.dll.
    Now you should [hopefully!] be able to start TV Server configuration and scan for channels successfully.

dbsevern

March 3, 2015
    Home Country
    mm,

Didn't seem to make any difference unfortunately. I copied the other TVLibrary.dll back again (with the extra debugging) and tried to scan again, and have attached the logs from that.

Derren

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Derren

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. It has been a busy week.
    Here's another DLL for you to try. Same install instructions. I'm hoping this one should work... :)

Regards,
    mm

Attachments

• TVLibrary [AVerMedia Polaris graph build fix v1].zip
      207.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom