AverMedia Software Encoder (1 Viewer)

gattaca

Portal Member
February 11, 2007
Hey guys,

i'm trying to setup TV Server on my Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials, but I'm having problems with the software encoder. I'm using an AverMedia A177 Dual Hybrid tuner that works just fine in MCE/WMC (not in server 2012 as there is no WMC). On the server that tuner works just fine with its own software, but not in tv server. I get an error saying that there is no software encoder installed. I did install a MainConcept MPEG2 encoder but it is not being detected as installed.

Any ideas how can I make this work with the software encoder that is in the avermedia driver for that tuner? Or at least make it detect that mainconcept encoder.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Setup.jpg
    Setup.jpg
    436 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello gattaca

Any ideas how can I make this work with the software encoder that is in the avermedia driver for that tuner?
    The AVerMedia software encoder is not compatible with TV Server - sorry.

Or at least make it detect that mainconcept encoder.
    If an encoder is not detected, it usually means it is not compatible.
    If you're technical, you can try to use GraphStudio/GraphStudioNext to find the encoder filter name and add it/them to the SoftwareEncoders table in the TV Server database. This is no guarantee that the encoder will work... but then TV Server should at least recognise it.
    Otherwise your only choice is to install a compatible encoder from the list.

This might help:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...l-most-software-encoder-based-tv-cards.90355/

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom