AverMedia Software Encoder

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by gattaca, December 30, 2013.

1. gattaca

gattaca Portal User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys,

i'm trying to setup TV Server on my Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials, but I'm having problems with the software encoder. I'm using an AverMedia A177 Dual Hybrid tuner that works just fine in MCE/WMC (not in server 2012 as there is no WMC). On the server that tuner works just fine with its own software, but not in tv server. I get an error saying that there is no software encoder installed. I did install a MainConcept MPEG2 encoder but it is not being detected as installed.

Any ideas how can I make this work with the software encoder that is in the avermedia driver for that tuner? Or at least make it detect that mainconcept encoder.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

• Setup.jpg
      Setup.jpg
      File size:
      436 KB
      Uploaded:
      December 30, 2013
      Views:
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,195 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello gattaca

The AVerMedia software encoder is not compatible with TV Server - sorry.

If an encoder is not detected, it usually means it is not compatible.
    If you're technical, you can try to use GraphStudio/GraphStudioNext to find the encoder filter name and add it/them to the SoftwareEncoders table in the TV Server database. This is no guarantee that the encoder will work... but then TV Server should at least recognise it.
    Otherwise your only choice is to install a compatible encoder from the list.

This might help:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...l-most-software-encoder-based-tv-cards.90355/

mm

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!