AVerMedia TD310 cannot find channels (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahhh, so possibly something related to the AVerMedia software is blocking MP/TV Server from using the tuner.
    Only one program can use/control the tuner at any given time. If you want that program to be MP, all AVer software must be closed/stopped.

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ahhh, so possibly something related to the AVerMedia software is blocking MP/TV Server from using the tuner.
    Only one program can use/control the tuner at any given time. If you want that program to be MP, all AVer software must be closed/stopped.
    Already thought of that, there is no AVerMedia software or service running anymore.
    Process Explorer shows me nothing is accessing the TV Card anymore except when I start MediaPortal or DVB-Viewer.
    I just install the plain *.INF driver, same behaviour, after a restart it does not work anymore :(

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    How bizarre! :confused:
    I've seen similar with satellite tuners, because the proprietary software can enable/disable the power to the LNB. However never with a DVB-C tuner.

Windows is not automatically updating the driver is it?

...and do you do a full Windows restart?
    (I was thinking maybe the tuner is not compatible with Windows' hybrid sleep AKA fast boot?)

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Windows is not automatically updating the driver is it?
    ...and do you do a full Windows restart?
    (I was thinking maybe the tuner is not compatible with Windows' hybrid sleep AKA fast boot?)
    It seems to be the same driver, don't see a difference in the version number before or after the restart.
    Maybe the first driver installation in device manager triggers something in the tuner which does not happen anymore after.
    It is a full windows restart.
    Maybe it would also stop working after sometime after the first install if I just wait a while...

There is also no USB Hub or anything in between, I tried different USB Ports as well.

I now ordered a "Hauppauge Win TV solo-HD USB 2.0 Stick DVB-C/T/T2 Receiver" to see if that one runs better, not much DCB-C cards available anymore...
    If possible I would still use my old KNC One TV-Station PCI card if I could but my new TV-Server will not have a PCI Slot anymore so I was looking for a USB solution :/

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It seems to be...
    Well, we are in new territory... :cautious::unsure:

Perhaps it's related to the firmware loading (often the driver has to load firmware before the stick can be used).
    What happens if you reboot (ie. take the tuner to the non-working state) then replug it?
    (Replugging should trigger driver reloading.)
    ...or alternatively, what happens if you reboot then disable and re-enable the tuner in device manager?
    (Disable+re-enable should also trigger driver reloading.)

I now ordered a "Hauppauge Win TV solo-HD USB 2.0 Stick DVB-C/T/T2 Receiver" to see if that one runs better, not much DCB-C cards available anymore...
    For this one you will definitely need to apply the 6900 => 6900000 conversion, otherwise it won't work.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...oh, and one other suggestion: if there are any older drivers available, maybe try them too. Sometimes the newest driver is not actually the best one.

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It seems to be...
    Well, we are in new territory... :cautious::unsure:
    It is :p
    According to device manager it uses the same *.sys files in Driver Details, same version numbers before and after the windows restart.
    See attached screenshots.
    Note: The unrecognized "Multimedia Controller" device in the screenshots is my old KNC One TV-Card. I have not installed any drivers yet.

Perhaps it's related to the firmware loading (often the driver has to load firmware before the stick can be used).
    What happens if you reboot (ie. take the tuner to the non-working state) then replug it?
    (Replugging should trigger driver reloading.)
    ...or alternatively, what happens if you reboot then disable and re-enable the tuner in device manager?
    (Disable+re-enable should also trigger driver reloading.)
    No success. Also after I replug the USB Stick TV-Service and also TV-Server Config hang.
    I also manually cannot stop the TV-Server service anymore, the STOP command runs in a timeout.
    Log -> log_unplug_replug_tvservice_no_response.zip

For this one you will definitely need to apply the 6900 => 6900000 conversion, otherwise it won't work.
    As long as this is the only issue I am happy. I could not find a recommendation for a DVB-C USB stick in the forums or in the wiki...

...oh, and one other suggestion: if there are any older drivers available, maybe try them too. Sometimes the newest driver is not actually the best one.
    The AVerMedia website only has this driver version :/
    --- Post updated ---
    On a sidenote, I have found a review for this stick where the reviewer claims that he also could not get DVB-C working with this stick. DVB-T seemed to work although for him.
    So maybe if you only use it for DVB-T the stick is fine, unfortunately this is not my use case.

Attachments

• AVerMedia_driver_after_restart_stops_working.png
      AVerMedia_driver_after_restart_stops_working.png
      194.6 KB
    • AVerMedia_driver_fresh_driver_install_works.png
      AVerMedia_driver_fresh_driver_install_works.png
      227.7 KB
    • AVerMedia_driver_history.png
      AVerMedia_driver_history.png
      23.3 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I could not find a recommendation for a DVB-C USB stick in the forums or in the wiki...

If you want a cheap option to try, these USB DVB-T/DVB-T2/DVB-C sticks - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-0-D...uner-Dongle-HDTV-Stick-Receiver-/291645151197 - are available from numerous Ebay sellers for about 15 to 20 GBP. I use two of them on my HTPC (running Win 10) for DVB-T/DVB-T2 and they have behaved perfectly - no sleep/resume/reception problems at all. The latest drivers can be found here -http://www.astrometa.com.tw/integrated_en.html . Note there are separate DVB-T/T2 and DVB-C drivers. I've also used them on Win 7 with no problems.

Note - I don't have access to DVB-C, so no idea how well that works.

The only downside I've found is that the DVB-T2 tuning can be a bit slow, so I had to increase the tuning timeout value in TV server a bit - otherwise they have been 'fit and forget' hardware.

(,,,and this is what's inside them - http://blog.palosaari.fi/2014/09/naked-hardware-18-astrometa-amdvb-t2-v2.html )

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No success.
    Okay. There's probably not much that we can do about the deadlock.
    Please try stopping TV service before unplugging, then unplugging, then replugging, and finally starting the TV service.
    If that doesn't work, please also try the device manager disable and re-enable method. You may have to stop TV service first again there.

As long as this is the only issue I am happy.
    Yes, it's the only one that I'm aware of.

The AVerMedia website only has this driver version :/
    Was a CD supplied with the tuner?
    If yes, is the driver version on the CD the same as the one from the website?

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    If you want a cheap option to try, these USB DVB-T/DVB-T2/DVB-C sticks - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-0-D...uner-Dongle-HDTV-Stick-Receiver-/291645151197 - are available from numerous Ebay sellers for about 15 to 20 GBP. I use two of them on my HTPC (running Win 10) for DVB-T/DVB-T2 and they have behaved perfectly - no sleep/resume/reception problems at all. The latest drivers can be found here -http://www.astrometa.com.tw/integrated_en.html . Note there are separate DVB-T/T2 and DVB-C drivers. I've also used them on Win 7 with no problems.
    Thank you for the tip! I just ordered one from aliexpress for 13,24 GBP / 16 EUR to try it :)

On a sidenote, I have found a review for this stick where the reviewer claims that he also could not get DVB-C properly working with this stick. DVB-T although seemed to work for him.

--- Post updated ---

Okay. There's probably not much that we can do about the deadlock.
    Please try stopping TV service before unplugging, then unplugging, then replugging, and finally starting the TV service.
    If that doesn't work, please also try the device manager disable and re-enable method. You may have to stop TV service first again there.
    I tried both scenarios, no success.
    Disable/Enable prompts for a restart of the PC. Regardless if I restart or not it does not work afterwards.

Was a CD supplied with the tuner?
    If yes, is the driver version on the CD the same as the one from the website?
    There was nothing in the box, just a tiny booklet with 2 english pages telling me to download the driver from the website :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom