.Avi Playback to TV (1 Viewer)

scolli02

Portal Member
December 16, 2005
Graceland
I've provided all info, but still have had no advise, can someone please help me?

Area: .Avi Playback to Tv
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 1.50GHz
Memory: 767 MB
Motherboard: P4S333 (ASUSTeK Computer INC.)
TV Card Model: -
TV Card Type: -
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Radeon 9200 Series (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: ATI Display Driver Driver 8.18-050914a1-027256C-ATI
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

I have an issue with playing .avi files. I can view them on my pc monitor but not on my tv. I can however view mpeg's, vob's, etc.. on my tv with no problems. I used to be able to view .avi files on my tv up until I formatted my pc a couple of months ago. I'm not sure what I originally had on my pc that would have made the difference. Would it be a codec's issue or the graphic's driver? I've tried several diffrent codec's and various video card drivers with no luck so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

scolli02

Portal Member
December 16, 2005
Graceland
Thanks for the suggestion but I just tryed ffdshow codec as I have before but still it only plays on my pc monitor but not my tv, all I get is a black screen. And yes mzemina I do have the same problem with Windows media player, real player, or any player for that matter. It's so dumb because I could always play .avi files and any type file to my tv before I formatted my PC, I don't know what I could have had different before. As mentioned I also tried many Video drivers (both new and old) for my graphics card but still no luck, I don't know what else I could try.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ok - what can you see on your TV and how do you have your TV/monitor setup (clone or ??)?

Mike

scolli02

Portal Member
    December 16, 2005
    Graceland
    Well I'll be danged, After much shaggin around I finally got it to work. I uninstalled my graphics driver altogether did a restart and gave the .avi file a try and much to my surprise it worked. So then i tried some older version graphic drivers and finally found one that worked(after tring a dozen or so, weird). Thanks all the same to those who tried to help.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Great that you got it to work, I was sure you would, it would be hit or miss or some real good detective work. Working is the key and you got it.

Mike

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I don't know what you call it in ATI drivers, but with Nvidia you have a lot of options for displaying video content and if you choose the wrong settings you get this effect.

This explains why using the old drivers fixed your problem. They don't have any of these advanced features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom