back up existing moving picture database and re-use (1 Viewer)

nmt1978

Portal Pro
October 14, 2008
Hi

For Moving pictures, last time when i installed Vista and MP, it already took me too much of time (nearly 7 hours) for importing movies (+500 movies). In addition, lots of films did not retrieve enough information (ie lack of rating, description, cover art or backdrop etc)., therefore i had to spend more additional time to manual check each entry and update them.

Now I intend to upgrade my HTPC and will reinstall Vista and MP. But i don't know how to back up our existing Moving Picture database (around 500 movies) and re-import to use it again.

This feature is available in MyFilm since they use external database which can be pulled out of internet by AMC Updater.

Please help

the_ult

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
You can backup your moving-pictures.db3 file. Which can be found with the help of mediaportal configuration.
And you can backup your backdrops, covers, etc..
But I don't know exactly where you can find those..

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    The images are stored in MediaPortal's thumbs\movingpictures directory.

nmt1978

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2008
    How to reuse these back up files when i freshly install Media Portal and Moving Pictures so that Moving pictures don't have to spend time to load movies info from the beginning?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Restore your moving-pictures.db3 file to the database folder.
    Restore your thumbs\movingpictures directory.
    Hopefully, if your media is still in same location on harddisk, it should work,

mjh992

Portal Member
    February 25, 2009
    Queensland
    Home Country
    what happens if the media is being moved to another location (hdd) ?????? how do we update the .db3 to the new location. sorry im just not real sure about it, bit of a novice im afraid.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom