Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!) (2 Viewers)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand

-Weather 5 day forecast is still "broken"
This is how I want it to work ;) It is consistent with other screens where views and information are hidden when the menu is activated. Sorry that you do not like it. Perhaps someone will post a mod for it...

Maybe me? :D I'll have a look when I get a chance

MyPics: I like the full definition pics in the background (Filmstrip & Coverflow views) but they take too long to load (about 3 seconds) and when they load the Coverflow menu "jumps" for some reason.
I will look into this but currently I don't see this behavior on my system. Will try again.

It's probably just a problem with my crappy Vista test setup...

Music - When I first go into Music the "genre" lable shows as #AlbumInfo.Genre
This is a MP bug and I think and hope it will be fixed for MP1.2 RC
I thought that might be the case but the red wine I'm drinking made me forget to suggest that :D

Thanks for helping to improve the skin with all your feedback, much appreciated.

Placing feedback is nothing, thanks to you for all the time you put into this stuff!!!! :D

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!)

the colors for watched status in moving pictures are the opposite of the ones in tv series

+1

+1

also applies to My Videos folders because the same font is used there.

Bug 1)
    - open context menu anywhere
    - use fast scrolling or hold up/down key pressed to move fast through the item list
    -> items visited for small fraction of time remain stuck at dark part of the highlight animation

You can essentially darken the whole list this way. Make sure items always return to unfocused state.

Bug 2) (seems Fanarthandler related, also happens in Maya)
    This is a toughie to report, because jameson_uk already sent me a file with a fix for listening to webstreams in music section, which will be included in next RC. Webstream artist information was not transferred into "Now Playing" screen.

But here is what happens:
    - When listening to webstreams in music section, next artist and track might not be locally available as fanart
    - Fanarthandler starts scraping (Backdrop displays progress percentage)
    - If Fanarthandler does not find fanart, might be due to net loss or artist not available, it goes to sleep and does not work for the whole music section from this point on, whether webstream or artist with images which are already there. Only restart of MP helps.

Perhaps someone might be able to reproduce it by moving new mp3s into a music folder on the fly where the artist is not available online.

Suggestion 1) Music Now Playing screen has faded grey leftover to the right, would remove it.

Suggestion 2) Shorten lists at bottom right by two or three elements, to make room for the planned media logos (think the idea raises overall quality, since your logos look great)

Suggestion 3) I colored the media logos in movies and series detail views like the ones in your video OSD. Looks better contrastwise imo.

Suggestion 4) Align media logos in video OSD with box for Audio, Video, Bookmarks, Subtitles above.

Suggestion 5) List background contrast (looks great!) seems to be different throughout the different areas, try to streamline.

A big thanks as always.

Forgot to mention that after the installer of 0.5.0.0 is finished there is a reported access violation to a .mpe2 file in the all users\appdata\...\installer\v2\...\0.5.0.0\ folder

Win XP SP3

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thanks for yuor feedback. Can you please report the fanart related stuff in the FanartHandler forum. Please also include the fanarthandler.log file when reporting in that thread.

best regards
    cul8er

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: ScreenSaver Setup

@CypherMK (and anyone else using Backdrop who wants a screensaver that uses pics)

I've added a "Screen Saver" button to the "NowPlaying" screen (it's hidden unless the plugin is enabled).

How to setup the screensaver:

1. Download Nostalgic and follow the installation instructions from that website (very easy)

2. Download the Multishortcut plugin - MP 1.2b compatible version below.

3. Install the plugin as per the instructions included. Make sure you rename the MultiShortcut00.dll file to ScreenSaver.dll. THEN run DLLFix.exe (as per the install instructions)

4. Open MP Config -> Plugins, setup the ScreenSaver plugin as per the attached screenshot. Make sure the Plugin ID is 3876111

Note: The Exefile path shown is for Vista; for W7 it will be in the SysWOW directory (so obviously you need to make sure you know the path to Nostalgic.exe)

5. Drop the attached MyMusicPlayingNow.xml file into the Backdrop directory (over write the existing file - make a backup copy of that file first just to be safe :) )

5. Open MP - Play a song - go to the Now Playing Screen, open the menu, select "Screen Saver" (I didn't use a skin translation for this label because there probably isn't one - open the MyMusicPlayingNow.xml file and edit "Screen Saver" if you don't want it in English)

If you've done everything correctly you should have a screen saver with random pics :)

:D

I will try when I have time. But if I understand correctly, this is a manual screensaver? So it won't kick in after x minutes?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi sanderson,

Thank for your feedback. What do you mean by no volume OSD. Is this when playing a movie or tv? I have volume OSD when playing movies or tv here. Located at the top of the screen. Do anyone else have this problem?

best regards
    cul8er

While playing fullscreen video, volume OSD is visible.
    Other places (like in menus) it is not visible. Same as in DefaultWide.
    So it looks in working condition to me :)

sanderson

Portal Member
    November 4, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi sanderson,

Thank for your feedback. What do you mean by no volume OSD. Is this when playing a movie or tv? I have volume OSD when playing movies or tv here. Located at the top of the screen. Do anyone else have this problem?

best regards
    cul8er

Yeah, no volume OSD when playing full screen movies, tv or videos. Others indicate its working for them, so must be something on my end. I'll try reinstalling the skin and see what happens.

Any thoughts on changing watched/unwatched colors I asked about earlier?

:D

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi sanderson,

Yes, I have a version with the color a bit different. Not 100% sure it look ok but I'll keep at it. So next version will have changed colors. Thanks for your feedback.

best regards
    cul8er

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: ScreenSaver Setup

I will try when I have time. But if I understand correctly, this is a manual screensaver? So it won't kick in after x minutes?

It will start automatically. I added the button to my current setup because sometimes I wanted to be able to start the screensaver manually, but I also have it set to start automatically (after 10minutes or something like that).

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

It will start automatically. I added the button to my current setup because sometimes I wanted to be able to start the screensaver manually, but I also have it set to start automatically (after 10minutes or something like that).

Ok, I will try.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

protonenpumpe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!)

Hi!

I like your skin very much, but there is an issue with the TV-mini-guide. Sometimes, when it pops up, it doesn't show the channel, which is actually running (and therefore the "selection focus" is also missing). Then I have to press "up" once or twice, so that the bar appears. Just take a look at the attached screenshots. First one was taken right after calling up the mini-guide, the second after pressing "up".
    Oh, and: It would be nice, if there was an option (just like in X-Factor) to select a bigger mini-guide with more channels to display. Perhaps you could just "import" this option from XFactor?!

Greetings
    pp

Attachments

• mini-guide1.jpg
      mini-guide1.jpg
      120.8 KB
    • mini-guide2.jpg
      mini-guide2.jpg
      128.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom