Backend TV-Server Issues (1 Viewer)

rlongfield

Portal Member
January 4, 2012
I have a MP Backend setup and 2 MP frontends.

The front ends work brilliantly except for 1 minor issue, TV. The frontends can connect to the backend tv-server but the TV stream usually freezes.

When I try and change channels I get "no free card" and then when I try to 'stop' tv I get the message about loosing time shifting and then Media Portal locks up.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello rlongfield

We'd like to help, but the description of the problem is not specific enough to enable us to diagnose the exact cause.
    Could you please post log files from the server and one of the clients.
    For the client, follow the instructions for reproducible problems:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

After you've got the zip file for the client, go to the server and:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    3. Zip up the files in that folder.
    4. Post/attach the zip files from the server and client here.

Thanks,
    mm

rlongfield

Portal Member
    January 4, 2012
    Sorry about the lack of details,
    Here are the logs as requested. Hopefully they have the information you need.

In debug mode I didn't get any information on the screen and I had to CTRL+ALT+DEL the machines to get out of MP.

Attachments

• Frontend-1.zip
      323 KB
    • Frontend-2.zip
      255.3 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry about the lack of details,
    Here are the logs as requested. Hopefully they have the information you need.
    Thanks. :)

In debug mode I didn't get any information on the screen and I had to CTRL+ALT+DEL the machines to get out of MP.
    That's fine.

I don't see the server even receiving the tune requests from either of the clients.
    According to the configuration files for the clients, "Frontend 1" is configured to look for a TV Server named "mp1", and "Frontend 2" is configured to look for a TV Server named "mp-server".
    According to the server log, the server name is "office-2" (192.168.1.100).
    So, that needs to be fixed for a start. Set the hostname on each client in MP configuration here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/MediaPortal_Configuration/22_TV/TV_Client

mm

rlongfield

Portal Member
    January 4, 2012
    I set the hosts file on each frontend to point the name entered for the TV-server to the right IP (192.168.1.100). I did this because every time I try to correct the tv-server information on the frontends I get a 'connection established' message and then the frontends freeze up.

Is there a way to change the TV-server information without being in MP? Can I do it from the config?

Oh and thanks for the help so far!

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I set the hosts file on each frontend to point the name entered for the TV-server to the right IP (192.168.1.100). I did this because every time I try to correct the tv-server information on the frontends I get a 'connection established' message and then the frontends freeze up.
    Right.

Is there a way to change the TV-server information without being in MP? Can I do it from the config?
    Yes, see the link in my previous response.

Also, you know you can switch to windowed mode on a client by pressing alt and enter/return at the same time, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom