Background Plugin (1 Viewer)

xmp

Portal Member
October 20, 2011
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hello All,

I’m new developing Mediaportal plugins so any help or advice is highly welcome.

I’m developing a Plugin that will check the status of certain home automation devices (this requires a backgroung task that will be listening status updates and alarms). I’m developing another plugin that will show the state of all the available elements.

I would like to know if it’s possible to show notifications(pop-ups) inside Mediaportal even if you are watching TV, Weather or if you are in any available plugin. For instance, suppose I get a water leakage event, I would like to show a pop-up showing alarm information and location. Is there any API in the Skin or Plugin to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Background Plugin

Note that you're in a forum for MediaPortal 2, so my answer is for MediaPortal 2 only.

About your question: Yes, we have an API for that, the interface is called INotificationService and a corresponding service is registered in the ServiceRegistration of the UI part.
    Skin devs decide if and where they show notifications; the current skins don't show notifications in the fullscreen media screens. But that is a good hint, I think we should change that.

For the other tasks you mentioned, there are several services which help you. Especially you could need the ITaskScheduler or the IThreadPool, if you need to poll your automation devices. Your plugin should implement IPluginStateTracker where you can track the lifetime of your plugin. You can also check ISystemStateService to get updates about the system's state.

xmp

Portal Member
    October 20, 2011
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi Albert,

Thanks for your help. I need to set up a demo with this working with additional third party plugins so I'll check the Mediaportal 1 forum to see if it can be done with the current release.

Your help has been enough to finish the background plugin, so now I just need to show the pop up messages.

Thanks for your help.

PS: Is there any way to easily set up (install) MP2 running with live TV, Streaming and so on? Starting from the scratch can be difficult for a beginner!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom