Background TV in EPG (1 Viewer)

wertzui

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2005
    i want to develop a skin like the vista mce and came across this epg picture:
    http://www.mce-community.de/forum/i...5f47bc20d8a72fd&act=Attach&type=post&id=61145
    now i tried to reskin it with the tv in the background. but i was unable to do that.
    either i have the full tv on top of everythign else, or the epg with a black background.

does anyone know how to do this?

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    There have been very recent (as in, the past 24 hours or so) source updates that implement video layers, which sound like they would make what you want very easy. I am not sure if it is possible now, but it seems that it will be quite possible in the near future.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    It must be possible now. In the BlueTwo home screen (not sure about other skins) there is a button to make the TV picture the backgrond. You can then go to the TV guide with this effect in place. I would just investigate this buttons function. (it's the "square iconed" one up the top with the power buttons. It only works if there is a preview window of video running at the time)

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Function was just addes to CVS:

On 30/01/2006 [10:26:48] _Frodo_ added the following change: added option to view tvguide when watching fullscreen tv (choose TVGuide from context menu)

Regards
    Ralph

csberto

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2004
    Tilburg, the Netherlands
    Ralph said:
    Function was just addes to CVS:

On 30/01/2006 [10:26:48] _Frodo_ added the following change: added option to view tvguide when watching fullscreen tv (choose TVGuide from context menu)

Regards
    Ralph
    Yes, but when choosing TVGuide from the context menu MP immediately exits completely.

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    csberto said:
    Yes, but when choosing TVGuide from the context menu MP immediately exits completely.

Same for me with mce skin. Probably because dialogTvGuide.xml is missing in the skin.

error.log said:
    30.01.2006 20:59:59 SKIN: Missing skin\mce\dialogTvGuide.xml
    30.01.2006 21:00:00 exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. WindowPlugins at MediaPortal.GUI.TV.GUITvGuideBase.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.TV.GUITVGuideDialog.DoModal(Int32 dwParentId)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.TV.GUIFullScreenTV.ShowContextMenu()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.TV.GUIFullScreenTV.OnAction(Action action)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.OnAction(Action action)
    at MediaPortalApp.OnAction(Action action)
    30.01.2006 21:00:00 MediaPortal stopped due 2 an exception exception occured MediaPortal at MediaPortalApp.OnAction(Action action)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.DispatchThreadMessages()
    at MediaPortalApp.FrameMove()
    at MediaPortal.D3DApp.Application_Idle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at MediaPortalApp.Main()

It works with BlueTwo. Looks very good.

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When using the latest CVS I recommend to test the new features with BlueTwo or MCE Skin.
    Right now, only those skins will be up to date with the latest changes.

Regards
    Ralph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom