BackupSettings for Tv Server and Media Portal (2 Viewers)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Is it possible to exclude scedule settings from default function/Button ?

Often After a partial restore, I forget to set scedule settings and so no Backup is made :(

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Der_Bub,
    try to use the "default" button before you start a backup.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi lucanso,
    hope you found the public BackupSettings thread.
    Following up your question on the mesage "Recording or Timeshift folder does not exist" from the backupsettings plugin,
    you need to manually change to a foldername which exists in your directory structure. Open the Tvserver config and go to
    recording-> folders or timeshifting -> folders
    Timeshift and recording folder should not need to be the same, but you can use the same folder for all your tv cards.
    greetings, huha

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ok just installing latest version 1.2.2.10 and as screen shot attached shows, when i click on `readme` I get an error message `could not open`.
    Now I have checked the file path it says and indeed its not there. I have also checked the `mediaportal\docs\` folder and its not there either.

Where should or is the offending read-me?

not there.JPG

sigh, never mind i feel a bit of a plumb now :oops: you have to hit install before the read-me is available doh!

or maybe not so much a plumb as the read-me actually states `Click the buttons “Readme”, “Install” and “Exit”.`

So it should be there first?

Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    wow export took only 1 minute 13 seconds and my output size is 3.52 GB, pretty impressive, will test if the restore works as expected at some point but looking good so far, thank you (y)
    I usually do this manually and have to reconfigure me tv channels etc so will save me a whole bunch of time. Is this going to become an integral part of MediaPortal, ie come with release 1.5 or something?

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is this going to become an integral part of MediaPortal, ie come with release 1.5 or something?

Nope, since a plugin gives a lot more flexibility to both the plugin developer and Team MediaPortal, but there have been upgrades on the TV Server import/export ;)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

is it possible to restore settings from 1.5 with a (clean) Install of 1.6 pre Release to use MySQL 5.6 and InnoDB?

Thanks!

kalki

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I did the same thing, but it worked only perfect with the the TV Service. I have an dedicated tv-server. Wit the MP-Main Programm I found all Plugins and Skins importet, but not the settings. I had to them all manualy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom